Home-Based Audio/Video Editor For Publishing Brand - great training opportunities, and potential for quick promotion [CLOSED]
Video editing Audio editing
This is a role working directly for the owner of ServeNoMaster.com
Based on a small island in SouthEast Asia, we teach people around the world how to build content marketing businesses.
We have a focus on helping Authors and amazing people 45-65 years old who are ready to change careers and start their next adventure.
Right now the business is growing so fast that we need a primary Marketing and Management Assistant to be part of our exploding business and passionate team.
We need someone who is enthusiastic, creative, hard-working, highly organized and with great problem-solving skills to edit and master our video and audio content.
This fully remote role is a great opportunity for someone to really develop and progress their skills, and take on more responsibility as we grow.
We have lots of great things in the pipeline and you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in everything from our YouTube Channel, to webinars and live streams, to sales videos and social media content.
Full support will be provided including a focused training period when you first start working with us. We have extensive onboarding and training materials and the majority of your tasks are already broken down into checklists in Trello. Each task will come with a demo video so that you can watch how it’s done before repeating yourself.
About the role
Exciting full-time marketing & hiring assistant role, with the chance to work on exciting projects, prove your value, learn new skills and make good money. All work is fully remote - so you can work from anywhere.
This position comes with initial pay of $750-850 per month based on qualifications and there is room for performance-based bonuses and promotions.
This is suitable for someone hard-working, who really wants to learn and grow, develop their skills, prove themselves and take on more responsibility.
You’ll be learning a lot. You won’t ever be comfortable just coasting along. This is a demanding role, with tons of support to help you improve your skills.
You will be expected to take responsibility for studying marketing and video creation techniques as you continue to grow into your role daily. (We are looking for someone who is coming up with new ideas for videos and ways to expand them, as well as editing our existing channels.
You will have access to dozens of top-of-the-line online training courses, the most powerful software on the planet, daily coaching from the CEO and the chance to actually do the work, make some mistakes and learn from experience.
The role involves working with me (CEO), clients, business partners and the other members of the team as required.
If you had been working for us in the last couple of weeks these are a sample of some of the tasks you would have done:
- Editing our existing video library to improve audio, video and add subtitles
- Merging together multiple takes of the same video
- Editing the video version of new podcast episodes
- Editing the audio version of new podcast episodes
- Adding in commercials, intros, outros and layovers to our videos
- Creating cards and other content for our YouTube channel
- Communicate with team members to track the status of milestones and ensure deadlines are met
- Check and update Trello on a daily basis with completed tasks and project status
- Managing and tracking the status of audio and video content
- Track video projects from start to finish
- Remove background and wind noises
- Clean up audio mistakes (ums, ahs, sos,etc.)
- Add in intro/outro videos
- Create show notes for podcast episodes
- Add chapters to the MP3 file for podcast episodes
- Create transitions and insert animations
- Create final production video for YouTube
- Save and organize files, folders, spreadsheets in Google Drive and Dropbox for easy team access
- Communicating with the rest of the team in a timely fashion
- Make suggestions for how to improve and automate systems/processes
- Design and record SOPS and checklists for Trello
Tasks will be set up in our project management system (Trello), and need to be ticked off in there so we can keep track of what has been done.
There will be a 3-month trial period for the role to check that we are a good match for each other (fully paid of course).
Requirements - What We Need From You
- Excellent Written English - You will be supporting our customers and writing content both for our employers, our business partners and for our website so Excellent written English skills are essential.
- High Attention to Detail - With direction, you will have significant autonomy to write and post information online to our website, social media channels and to our customers directly. You must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to accurately proof your own work.
- Experience with video editing/creation - We record content with a variety of tools (audio recorders, smartphones, and video cameras). You can handle multiple file formats and have experience with animation.
- Able to learn new software tools and systems quickly - We use a variety of systems including Affinity Photo, Zapier, KeyNote, Google Analytics, Gmail and others so you’ll need to be willing and able to learn new systems through a variety of self-taught methods.
- Intelligent, Self Motivated, Highly organised and Confident in asking questions - You’ll be working remotely with communication across a variety of channels and task management through Trello and other online tools so we need to be sure that you ask questions if you are not sure of what to do and that you can be self-motivated and able to organize multiple streams of work effectively. That being said you will be expected to try and figure out the options before asking for advice.
- Extremely organized – there are lots of different things you’ll be involved in and all need to be prioritized, managed and completed accurately, effectively and on time.
- Hard-working – we don’t mess around here. We get a lot done very quickly. You will need to as well.
- Comfortable working with time tracking software. Our team is located around the world and this is our system for accountability.
Benefits / Details
- 40 hours per week (trial period will be 20 hours per week)
- $750-850 per month plus performance-based bonuses
- Work directly for the CEO with constant opportunity to suggest your own ideas, make improvements and learn new skills.
- Access to high-value training materials and courses
- Access to everything you need (from royalty fee images to audio files and custom graphics and software)
- Chance to work with a team that has been together for over three years
You will be a critical number of our team with responsibilities and support commensurate with the role. We want you to succeed!
We’ll review your work regularly including both volume and quality to ensure that expectations are being met.
You will always be supported and always able to ask questions and be a part of the companies progression. Your success means our success so it is in our interest for you to succeed and be awesome at what you do.
We’ll expect you to be always on the lookout for ways to make the business better and to bring ideas both big and small forward regularly.
We want this to be a long term role that grows as we grow.
Ready to Apply?
1 - If you’re interested in applying then please take a moment to fully review and consider the Requirements above.
2 - Please review existing content on our YouTube channel https://youtube.com/c/ServeNoMaster
2 - Are you able to work 40 hours a week every week?
3 - Are you happy with the opportunities to be part of our company and the salary of $750-850 per month?
If yes then we’d LOVE you to apply.
How to Apply
- Apply with Marketing assistant in the first line of your email
- Include a link to your CV and examples of your work on Dropbox or another file-sharing system
- Record a short video introducing yourself and explaining how you meet each of the job requirements. Then upload this video to YouTube as an unlisted video and include the link in your application.
How to Stand Out
We are looking for someone that’s really interested in the work we’re doing and the work this role will involve.
Applicants that really show that to us whether that’s using examples of work you’ve done before, or something you put together for us now, that will go a long way to impressing us.
We don’t want you to spend hours and hours on your application, just find a way to show us that you really are interested in this opportunity and it’s not just the next in a long list of roles you’re applying for….even if it is!
After an initial application, we will send you a short video clip (30-60 seconds) for you to show us just what you're capable of. We are looking to hire someone ASAP, so fast action will be rewarded.
CEO & Owner,