WordPress Plugin - Experienced WP developers only, please [CLOSED]
=== Job Description ===
Hello - I’m looking for an additional WordPress plugin developer develop new features for my existing plugin on a contract basis. This person will build new features and have the chance to flex their backend and frontend development muscles on a fun, useful plugin.
**No Agencies Please**
=== Plugin Details ===
I’ll share details with applicants, but the plugin is a few months old and ready for the next major features.
Some technical details:
- Built using Devin’s WordPress-Plugin-Boilerplate
- Makes use of custom post types
- We use GitHub and Trello (but open to other ideas)
=== Developer Requirements===
- Developing and maintaining complex WP plugins, and can reference one or many in their application (see “how to apply” below). Bonus points for plugins hosted on wordpress.org
- With front end frameworks like ZURB/Bootstrap, and can articulate the pros and cons of using them
- Is familiar with Git and git-flow, or wants to learn
- Proactive about fixing bugs and testing features across several scenarios
- Brings their wisdom of their experience to identify bad ideas or design decisions and offers solutions (aka, someone who isn’t just going to blindly follow directions :))
- Ability to share code samples and previous work examples
Things that would be nice, but aren't strictly required:
- Experience interacting with or extending WP-API
- Experience with Backbone, especially as it's used in WordPress
- Previous contributions to WP Core (trac tickets, patches, commit props, etc)
- Experience interacting with 3rd party APIs
=== Project Hours ===
This project will be a few hours to start with to get familiar with the codebase and ensure we work well together. If things go well, this project could easily scale to 30+ hours per week over the next couple of weeks, porting some of the plugin to additional platforms like Shopify and Drupal, as well as maintenance and future features.
You should expect at least 5 hours per week at the start of the project. This will be on an ongoing, part time/contract basis.
=== About Us ===
I’m a professional software product manager with lots of experience designing and maintaining web and mobile apps, so my requirements (hopefully, heh) will be clear and thought out so you’ll be able to focus on the technical aspects of the project.
=== How To Apply ===
If you are interested in this job, please message me with the following:
- A little bit about yourself and portfolio
- Hourly Rate
- Your favorite WordPress function
- Link to a code sample of the best/most interesting WordPress plugin you wrote/worked on. (Sorry, I can’t respond to applications missing code samples)