Wordpress Developer/Support for Web Agency
Salary Type: Negotiable
We're looking for a full stack Wordpress developer to join the team to perform speed optimization on client sites, these are things like:
- Wordpress migrations onto dedicated servers - we aim for zero downtime migrations where possible
- General Wordpress speed optimization tasks, setting up caching plugins, JS and CSS optimization and then troubleshooting issues with PHP, JS and general Wordpress configuration as some of these speed problems are complex - we have a standard process we run sites through that cover 80-90% of scenarios but there are some complexities
- DNS migrations and Cloudflare setup
- Converting WP sites to HTTPS from HTTP
- Working with customers to achieve their speed goals
You'll be working with clients so you'll need to be a fluent english speaker.
We use Zendesk and Service Provider Pro for customer support and job management so you'll need to manage tickets, prioritise appropriately and translate often obscure and general customer requests into actionable todo items
4 weeks paid vacation per year (every 6 months you get 2 weeks)
An environment where you are respected, trusted and challenged
Flexibility to study and improve - we will pay for books and courses upto $75/month
Ideally your work hours will have some overlap with Australian timezones but for the most part you can set your own work schedule. We aim for at least a minimum 20 hours per week of time assigned to client projects and ideally 30 hours each week. We track time against client tickets and also using Toggl.com
Other apps we use are Slack, Process Street and Google Docs
We typically pay all staff via Transferwise but are flexible and can pay by other methods if required eg Paypal
You'll need a decent quality internet connection!
Please apply here on jobrack and include:
-your relevant experience
-your work history
-some of the projects you've worked on.
-some information on why you're looking for a new position right now
Looking for someone for 20-30 hours per week working a consistent schedule - salary $1400 USD/month, somewhat negotiable depending on experience and situation.