Wordpress Developer for WP Support & Speed Optimization Agency [CLOSED]
We're an Australian based web agency that manages the online assets of 100s of businesses. We provide web hosting, website support, SEO, Adwords & online marketing to SMBs through to large corporate customers. The majority of our customers are running on the Wordpress platform.
We're looking for a full stack Wordpress developer to handle mostly Wordpress technical jobs for our site speed optimization business WPSpeedFix.com, things like:
- Wordpress migrations - we aim for zero downtime migrations where possible
- Wordpress speed optimization (we have a productised service wpspeedfix.com) - some of these speed problems are complex
- DNS migrations and Cloudflare setup
- Converting WP sites to HTTPS from HTTP
- General Wordpress dev tasks like changing designs, messing with CSS, changing layouts and occasional site builds
- Solving technical problems with Wordpress
- Basic SEO tasks (eg installing and configuring SEO plugins, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics)
- Woocommerce troubleshooting and plugin upgrades for larger stores where updates need to be managed for minimum downtime
- Wordpress Patching & Maintenance
You'll be working directly with customers so you need be fluent english speaker.
We use Zendesk and Service Provider Pro (spp.co) for customer support and job management. Some of the other things you'll be be doing:
--Manage tickets, prioritise appropriately and translate often obscure and general customer requests into actionable todo items
--Providing helpdesk support via email and livechat
You'll need to have experience with
Wordpress in general
Troubleshooting Wordpress problems
We're flexible with how this role is structured. It's a remote role so you'll largely be responsible for keeping things on track and turning around tickets on time.
This is an hourly role but there is plenty of work to easily bill 30-40 hours per week. Salary is negotiable depending on experience - for a mid level developer our salary starts at $15 USD/hour
We track time using Toggl.com
We typically pay all staff via Transferwise but are flexible and can pay by other methods if required eg Paypal or Payoneer
You'll need a decent quality internet connection!
Please apply here on jobrack and include:
-your relevant experience
-your work history
-some of the projects you've worked on.
-some information on why you're looking for a new position right now
How would you rate your comfort and skills with the following on a scale of: None, Not strong, Strong or Very strong
- CSS 3
- CSS Animations
- Caldera Forms
- Beaver Builder