About the company
CitizenGO is a community of active citizens who work together, using online petitions and action alerts as a resource, to defend and promote life, family, and freedom.
We have one mission: promote and organize the effective participation of citizens of all nations to defend life, family, and liberty.
We value results, impact, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, and kindness.
About the role
- Code, Test, Review, Deploy, and Document.
- Integrate our global Payment Platform with different payment gateways (e.g., Stripe) to address local market needs.
- Feature delivery - work with different technologies (in front and back-ends), languages, and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from front-end to back-end and from SaaS (Software as a Service) to PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
- Develop effective ways to communicate through asynchronous communication being able to work in an agile development environment (iterative development, short release cycles managed through Asana).
- Share knowledge through detailed documentation.
- Continuously improve our build and deployment automation. Confidently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Architect systems that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable.
- Protect and secure the systems and data of our members and contributors.
- Offer IT support to our team members.
- Build new flows, and optimize existing ones to increase the impact and quality of our outcomes.
- Coach, support, and share knowledge with other engineers inside our team.
- Ensure the availability and reliability of our services in production.
- Experience with Django, in particular:
- Django is a Python-based framework, so a solid understanding of Python is crucial. This includes understanding Python's data structures, control flow, and coding conventions.
- You'll need to be comfortable with the Django framework itself. This includes understanding Django's Object-Relational Mapping (ORM), Models, Views, Templates, Middleware, and RESTful architecture.
- When you are creating APIs, knowledge of the Django REST Framework (DRF) will be necessary.
- Django works with various databases (like MySQL). You should understand how to design databases, create efficient queries, and use Django's database API. Accordingly, knowledge of the SQL language is required.
- Experience in React, in particular:
- You'll need to master the fundamentals of React, including routings, components, props, state, hooks, and the component lifecycle.
- Understanding of REST APIs.
- Understanding an managing CSS Preprocessors (like for example SASS or LESS).
- Knowing how to manage versions of your code with Git and comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process (testing process included).
- Understanding of network and application security with a deep understanding of all layers involved in web communications.
- Understanding of how to manage the testing process, like example Jest for unit testing.
- Experience working in Google Cloud environments, particularly with Google Cloud Compute Engine and BigQuery, is much useful.
- Knowledge of PHP is useful.
- Good knowledge of Linux (Redhat/CentOS). The ability to manage Linux VMs (Virtual Machines) in the cloud environment is also useful.
- Basic Bash scripting skills are useful.
- Experience in working with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platforms. Experience with Marketo and/or Salesforce is a big plus.
- Experience working with large-scale web applications is a plus.
- Experience at startups or web-based companies is a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to human dignity, life, family, liberty, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Duolingo English Test is required for all non-natives with a minimum 100 (B2 equivalent) score. Spanish and other additional languages are an asset.
- We are actively seeking candidates based in Europe or The Americas for this position.
What's in it for you?
Top 10 reasons to work for CitizenGO:
- We’re winning. Our campaigning works, and we’re changing politics and policies across the world. Check out some of our recent victories here.
- Our tactics are bold and effective. We do what’s needed to win campaigns, whether it’s launching petitions, partnering with like-minded organizations, helping our members call the decision-maker, or rallying on the streets.
- Large funders don’t control our strategy. We work with members to do what’s best for the world each and every time.
- We thrive in risky situations. We don’t let powerful forces like the Spanish Socialist Government or Soros’s empire bully us with legal, brand or financial threats. We’re experts at navigating risk and meeting threats head-on in the media, the courts, or on the streets.
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remotely so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remotely, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on campaigns that make an impact so you can enjoy defending life, family, and freedom and changing the world.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
Vacation & Holidays: Join CitizenGO and enjoy 24 vacation days per year and local public holidays. We also provide various types of leave, such as parental, sick, medical, and bereavement. Attractive Benefits: Embrace the freedom of working remotely at CitizenGO, with flexible hours and a consistent 40-hour work week. Benefit from our tuition reimbursement program (up to €500 per year), English/Spanish language courses (USD120 per month on iTalki), and an annual Christmas gift. Each team member may receive one free book per month (up to €30). Practical Assistance for Your Success: We equip you with the necessary tools to excel in your role, including Chromebooks, mobile phone lines, and smartphones for select positions. Work comfortably with our home office setup allowance (up to €500 every two years) and coworking memberships (up to €200 per month). Innovative Technology: CitizenGO grants access to Copy.ai, an AI-powered copywriting platform, and Grammarly, designed to enhance the quality of your English writing. Engaging Meetups: Connect and collaborate with your colleagues during our annual retreats, evaluation meetings, mini-retreats, conferences, summits, and monthly meetups in Madrid.
How to apply?
If you're ready to contribute your expertise, learn from your peers, and make a lasting impact, we welcome you to apply and become a key player in our exciting journey of technological innovation.
Please access the application by clicking on the link provided.