About This Role
We’re an established web development company with a worldwide #1 Shopify rating, looking for a superstar-in-the-making web developer. Day to day, you will be developing on one of the world’s foremost technologies (Shopify), working with clients all over the world and being part of a driven team across 3 continents. You can work from wherever you like. Start date - to be confirmed, likely late September / October 2016.
- Join highest-rated Shopify Development team on the planet. We’ve worked with over 400 companies on Shopify, including some of the biggest. Here’s what people have said about us: http://experts.shopify.com/shopifyninjas
- Work with one of the Web’s foremost ECommerce Systems. You’ll have opportunities to learn from a manager who spent 10+ years in corporate (IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, big banks), and one of the foremost Shopify development teams on the planet.
- Fun, flexible team across 3 continents. We’re all location independent entrepreneurs with wide networks you can tap into and learn from.
- In-house training opportunities
- We’ll start with a month’s trial. We need a MINIMUM of 20 hours per week - you will need to be working every weekday in this role and will be required to check in to various systems every weekday at a specific time. It may become full time if things go well. This is NOT guaranteed from the outset (sorry!) but it is what we hope to achieve: a full-time staff member down the road.
- Day-to-day, you’ll work with everything related to Ecommerce: Work with Shopify templates, bring PSDs to life using your web development skills, set up stores, and everything else we do to please clients.
Technical Skills Required
- First up, you need to know Shopify and have worked on at least 3 stores. If you haven’t, this role is not for you. It’s not an internship — we need you to be well-versed in Shopify and hit the ground running.
- We are looking for a highly competent, technical developer to slot into our team and take over some product management and more technical elements of our clients' stores.
- An intermediate knowledge of payment gateways and analytics (at least know what these are and examples of each).
Bonus Skills: MailChimp, Google Analytics, WordPress.
Don’t have *all* these skills? Don’t limit yourself. If you’re a fast learner with SHOPIFY web experience, apply anyway.
Soft Skills Required
- Great communication and English skills via email, Skype and Basecamp. You’ll need to talk to the team and manager on a DAILY basis, manage deadlines, prioritise lots of requests, and ensure a VERY high quality in your development, including clean code which is well commented, clear screenshots and links of work having been completed, and clear questions. If you don't know how to do something or need help, we need you to call it out. We are fine with this and will always be here to help -- but we need to avoid any miscommunications. Our clients expect the best, and we deliver. You need to be able to convey and interpret requirements and ideas clearly and concisely.
How To Apply
1. Please reply to this job ad and we will send you a link to an application form (Google Form).
2. Successful applicants will be asked to complete a mini-project to test and validate your skills.
3. From there, successfull applicants will be invited to an interview via Skype.
Thank you for considering this application and we look forward to hearing from you.