About the company
Generation Success is on a mission to create a world where your career is not determined by your birth.
Our company ethos is Ubuntu, which means "I am who I am, because of who we all are". Meaning that we work collaboratively, we learn, we make mistakes and we win together on our journey to achieve our organisational mission. Our team is spread out across the UK, Europe, Asia and Africa. Everyone is treated equally and is expected to own their role and add value where possible.
Generation Success is a catalyst for success, embodying a mission and vision dedicated to empowering young people to achieve their full potential. As an inspiring community, we promote social mobility by breaking down barriers and empowering individuals to pursue their dream careers, irrespective of background. Our commitment is rooted in eliminating obstacles between diverse young people and growing businesses, fostering connections and creating equal access for a more equitable world.
About the role
Generation Success is excited to announce the opening for a Finance Officer. This pivotal role is at the heart of our financial strategy and operations, offering an exceptional opportunity to contribute to our long-term financial health and sustainability. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of exceptional accountancy skills, a proven track record in overseeing diverse finance functions, and a passion for our mission of empowering young people to achieve their full potential.
Working hours: 9am - 5pm UK time
Note: Only full-time applicants will be accepted as the role is not applicable for freelancers & third-party agents
- Financial Leadership and Strategy: Develop and execute a long-term financial strategy in collaboration with the
- COO, ensuring alignment with our overarching goals and mission. Contribute to the organization's 3-year strategy and 5-year financial plan.
- Financial Management and Reporting: Take full responsibility for the preparation and review of monthly management accounts, end-of-year accounts, and performance reports, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and transparency. Utilize technology tools, including Zoho and QuickBooks, for financial management.
- Budget Management and Oversight: Provide strategic support to the Senior Management Group and budget holders, fostering effective budget management and adherence to financial policies and best practices.
- Tax and Compliance: Oversee all tax reporting obligations, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and optimizing the organization's tax position.
- Investor Relations, Fundraising, and Grant Applications: Produce financial information for investors, engage in fundraising activities, and identify and leverage potential funding sources, including applying for grants, to support our initiatives.
- Quality Assurance and Control: Implement and oversee quality assurance frameworks to ensure our programs and operations meet established standards, contributing to the organization's governance and operational excellence.
- Board Meeting Preparation and Reporting: Prepare financial reports, analysis, and presentations for board meetings. Assist the COO and board in understanding the financial implications of strategic decisions. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial performance to the board.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate financial risks, ensuring the organization's resilience and long-term sustainability.
- Financial Systems and Processes: Maintain oversight of all finance function processes and systems, continuously seeking improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- UK accounting qualification (essential).
- Significant professional experience across various finance areas, with a strong emphasis on strategic financial planning, reporting, and management.
- Adept at project management, with the ability to coordinate actions, track progress, and deliver results.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong people skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across the organization.
- Comfortable presenting complex financial data to senior stakeholders, including the Board of Directors.
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing, or securing investments is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and control processes, with a keen interest in enhancing organizational governance and efficiency.
What's in it for you?
- 28 days annual leave;
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Program, including:
- Unique personal and professional development opportunities that will set you apart from your peers including:
- Career Coaching Programme;
- External one to one mentors who work within your role and area of interest;
- World-class training from the best in the business.
- A supportive, inclusive culture underpinned by our values and Ubuntu philosophy (meaning ‘I am because we are’);
- Access to all Generation Success events, led by senior leaders and industry professionals.
How to apply?
Send your CV along with a cover letter with the answers on the following questions:
- What made you interested to apply and work with the organisation
- What skills do you possess that you think can add value to the work/role
- What makes you unique and qualified for this role