About the company
Hi, I’m Jessica Malnik, and I'm the founder and chief content strategist at JM Content Group. I'm looking to hire 1-2 more talented writers / researchers to join our small, but mighty team to help take our company to the next level.
A little about JM Content Group - founded in the fall of 2018, we work with B2B SaaS and service providers. We help clients with content marketing strategy and copywriting.
In addition, we also run our own content websites - including The Remote Work Tribe (a.k.a. RWT) that we use to dogfood our ideas and processes. (We don’t just help clients. We are using all of our same strategies and processes to run and grow our own content sites too!)
About the role
- Ghostwriting well-researched blog posts and social media posts
- Assisting with web research and voice of customer (VOC) research projects
- Conducting interviews with SMEs on our team
- Repurposing existing content assets into new formats. (Ex: Creating a blog post to summarize the key points of an ebook, turning a blog post into an infographic, etc)
- Editing copy - blog posts, social media updates, landing pages, etc.
- You’re a great writer.
- Critical thinking skills - You are naturally curious and can think critically about what’s most important to include in a piece of content.
- You have some familiarity with content marketing and/or copywriting. You don’t need to be an expert. However, if you don’t know what SEO, Facebook ads, or Wordpress are, this might not be the right role for you.
- You are reliable - You do what you say you are going to do. You never miss deadlines.
- You’re coachable - You actively solicit feedback.
- You are self-motivated - You are naturally driven and able to work independently. If a problem arises, you take responsibility for it instead of making excuses or placing blame.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience using comms and project management software (We use Slack and Trello to manage all projects!)
- 2+ years of remote work experience
- You have prior experience working as a journalist or have a college degree in journalism, advertising, or marketing.
What's in it for you?
- Flexibility - I don’t care when or where you work as long as you meet your deadlines.
- You’ll be paid per project. Depending on your experience and the scope of the project, you can expect to earn between $150 - $350 USD per project.
- I pay all invoices within 3 business days. (Usually same day!) 😀
- Work directly with the founder
- To start, you’ll be paid on a per-project, freelance basis. You can expect a minimum of 1-2 posts per month.
How to apply?
Please complete the application ASAP but no later than 4/28/23
Note: Only candidates who complete this application will be considered.