Translation Project Manager- Must Have Translation Industry Experience
PROJECT MANAGER, JOB DESCRIPTION
We are currently recruiting for the position of Translation Project Manager – part-time/full-time: up to 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be working remotely, mainly with the U.S. market and during U.S. working hours. Familiarity with both U.S. and U.K. English is preferable, and the applicant must have a very high level of written and oral fluency or be a native English speaker.
The position is to be remote and the salary is to be discussed based on hours worked and tasks completed.
The nature of the position means that all for applicants, excellent organizational skills, and abilities to prioritize are a must. A college degree, plus extensive experience in the translation and/or interpreting industry are required (at least two years’ experience in the last five years).
Qualifications & Experience:
Must hold a college degree. The ideal candidate will have a degree in one of the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, or French (German and Russian are also of interest) and a solid background of two years in the past five years in the translation & interpretating industry.
It is also desirable that the applicant possesses a high level of computer literacy (CAT tools and DTP software is particularly sought-after) and a native or near-native level of English.
Testing of computer and language skills will take place as part of the recruitment process.
Description of Duties:
Management of incoming translation projects and ensuring that all performance indicators are achieved within the Production Department.
Key job roles:
- Project management, including translation quality assurance and some DTP (desktop publishing) tasks;
- Strategical planning for operations;
- Vendor management, including sourcing and hiring, and communication via phone and email;
- Quality management and development;
- Staff training and resource management;
- Account management, including communications with end clients, providing quotations (based on internal price list), and sales & related activities
Skills & Software Experience:
- Translation and/or interpreting background
- Ability to manage projects – two years’ experience is essential
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven record of using:
- CAT tools e.g., SDL Trados, MemoQ, Across, Memsource, Wordbee
- Translation management systems
- Translation QA tools e.g., XBench
- Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator & InDesign (desirable)
- Sales (desirable)
- Ability to work from home, remotely
- Necessary software licenses provided
- Quarterly bonus based on agency revenue targets
- Sales commission: xx% of sales completed
Please register your interest by sending a cover letter, salary requirements, and a copy of your resumé via this website, Jobrack.eu . .