[PR / Outreach / Link building / Online marketing] specialist wanted for international Tech Publisher [CLOSED]
Salary Type: Monthly
Social Media Marketi... Email Marketing Video Marketing Content Marketing Email Management English - writing
Are you looking to take an exciting career step and work for an emerging authority tech publisher? Are you a hard worker with a ‘let's-make-it-happen’ attitude? Do you enjoy solving problems in creative ways and seeing the results of your work?
If so, then the Online Marketing Executive role at the Internet Privacy Initiative may be just the right fit for you!
My name is David, and together with a dedicated team, I run an authority tech website called VPNoverview.com. We focus on cybersecurity, online privacy, VPN software, and freedom of information. Let me explain: In times of mass data collection, it is becoming more and more difficult for people to protect their privacy online. Additionally, more people than ever are falling victim to cybercrime. Lastly, in many places around the world, the internet is not freely accessible due to censorship. That is where we come in. We create articles, guides, infographics, and videos to inform the general public about how they can stay safe, anonymous, and free on the internet. We explain these topics in a way so that everyone can understand them. Our content is available in 10 languages, reaching millions of visitors each year.
We have a rapidly growing reader base and audience but would like to accelerate this process further. That is why we are looking for an online marketer who will help with getting our content out there and attract visitors to our platforms. Our core team is in the Netherlands, although we work with people all over the world.
What will you be doing exactly?
You will be our PR, Marketing, Linkbuilding, and Email Outreach Specialist. Our international team produces amazing content, and your task will be to get other websites and organizations to mention our content and to drive more visitors to our website. You will be representing our organization and liaising digitally with potential partner websites and organizations. You will be closely working with our content team so together we can plan our publications and PR campaigns properly; your colleagues create amazing content, you make sure it is seen, shared, and loved.
To summarize, you will be doing a lot of:
- Extensive Ahrefs analyses and competitor research
- Preparing Excel sheets for marketing purposes
- Email Marketing and Outreach (you'll be sending thousands of emails, using certain tools to largely automate this process)
- Skyscraper Linkbuilding
- Broken Linkbuilding
- HARO Linkbuilding
- Guest post outreach
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Writing and distributing newsletters
- Email followup (keep a good eye on your inbox and make sure all emails are followed up adequately and quickly if needed)
- Assisting us in managing our social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube) and occasionally running ads there.
- Keep in touch with journalists via your personal social media to open up chances for collaboration or coverage
- Additional tasks vary on a day-to-day basis, whatever comes your way. You are someone that is open to new challenges and does not mind to assist if your help is needed by a colleague.
What software and programs will you be working with frequently?
- Perhaps you know certain software you would really recommend? We value your input and are always curious how to improve our way of working!
- Possibly: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
- Possibly: WordPress
What competencies are we looking for?
We're looking for someone with strong written and spoken English language skills. You also have solid organizational and administrative skills and have no problem juggling several tasks at once. You have a desire to build a marketing career and are looking for an organization to stay with long-term. You love technology, are tech-savvy, you are assertive, and enjoy calling or reaching out to people to represent our organization if needed. You also don't mind diving into backlink profiles and comprehensive excel sheets for hours on end to structure data and identify opportunities. You are a quick learner, a hard worker, and take initiative and responsibility for your work. You have prior experience with online marketing in some way or form. You also need to have a decent remote workspace (e.g. home office) with a good internet connection and good hardware (computer/laptop).
What is in it for you?
We want to offer you a core position in our team of international professionals. Our team mainly consists of journalists, copywriters, translators, programmers, designers, cybersecurity experts, and SEO specialists. We want you to grow with us. You will be working remotely, but on the long-term you are also welcome to join us in our office in The Netherlands if you like (but first this pandemic needs to settle down, unfortunately). We'll offer you a competitive salary, as we are truly looking for someone who wants to excel. You will get access to all the tools you need and we'll also grant you access to world-class courses and training material for your personal development, so you can grow and optimize your skillset.
- Hours per week: 40
- Salary: €1500 per month gross
There will be a 3-month trial period for the role to check that we are a good match for each other (fully paid of course).
How to apply:
- Respond with a letter of motivation, explaining why this vacancy appeals to you and why you are the right fit.
- If you have any reference letters or people who could recommend you, feel free to include their names and contact information
- Attach a screenshot of your internet speed (visit Speedtest.net)
Looking forward to be hearing from you! Exciting times!
Best, David - Director, Internet Privacy Initiative / VPNoverview.com