About the company
Are you an experienced graphic designer looking for part-time, remote work and have an interest in cloud-based tech? If so, then this might be the role for you!
PrivacyJournal is seeking a talented and creative Graphic Designer who could support us on a part-time basis in creating compelling featured images that align with our branding. The designer will also be responsible for creating custom graphics that effectively communicate both simple and complex concepts related to cloud-based technology.
The role will offer about 10 hours per week, with the potential to expand in the future. Featured image graphics will be assigned in a rolling fashion as we prepare articles for publication. Custom graphics will need to be crafted within 3 days from assignment to make sure we publish on time.
About the role
- Design eye-catching featured images for our online articles, with a strong focus on font selection and maintaining brand consistency.
- Create custom graphics for articles, translating complex cloud technology concepts into visually engaging and understandable content.
- Collaborate with our editorial team to align on visual designs with content themes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and hit daily deadlines to support the publication of 4 articles per day.
- Ensure all graphics are optimized for digital platforms and adhere to our style guidelines.
- Use critical thinking to decide the best design and be able to check your own work to create grammatically correct graphics.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments to ensure content relevancy.
- Proven experience as a Graphic Designer or a similar role.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating expertise in creating both featured images and custom graphics.
- Excellent understanding of design principles, including layout, typography, and color theory.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into visually appealing and comprehensible graphics.
- Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, etc.) as well as project management and communication tools (Google Drive, ClickUp, Zulip).
- Must be able to work independently and stay organized to meet daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What's in it for you?
- Consistent and Reliable Pay: We pay all our freelance team members promptly by the first of each month — this means a consistent and reliable paycheck.
- Work Remotely: We are a fully remote team with workers all over the world, from California and Mexico to Kenya and Cyprus. As long as you are a fluent English writer and you have a consistent WiFi connection, where you live is up to you.
- Set Your Own Schedule: Great people don’t necessarily do their best work by staring at a monitor for eight hours straight every day. You’ll have the flexibility to design a schedule that allows you to do your best work, as long as you are able to regularly communicate with the team and meet your deadlines.
- Join a Fun, Diverse Team: We’re a fun bunch, and we are also a team that fosters inclusion and celebrates diversity. Here, you can be yourself. Cloudwards does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
How to apply?
If you’re excited to be a part of a high-growth company and take your career to the next level, please apply via the applcation link and attach your resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Your desired hourly rate in U.S. dollars.
- Your experience in graphic design.
- Your interest/experience in cloud-based technologies.
- Initial application review
- Unpaid trial: Designing a featured image and a custom graphic from our prompt
- 30-minute video interview
We look forward to receiving your application!