Hi, I’m Robin, founder of RF Performance.
RF Performance helps education providers grow their business, reputation, and audience with email and other content marketing. Our goal as a company is to grow a team full of people we enjoy working with, work for clients we like, and provide them incredible value while having fun along the way. We work reasonable hours, value people, and education, and are pursuing better ways to care for our clients and each other.
The person we’re looking to add to the team will have three main outcomes:
- Take on all writing tasks necessary to fulfill client work with a level of quality and attention to detail that doesn’t require extensive edits or oversight
- Take the lead on content strategy and creation for each client in a way that aligns with their goals and overall strategy
- Collaborate with the team and founder to explore new ideas and experiments for what we could be doing to improve operations and/or provide additional value to our clients
WHY YOU'LL WANT THIS POSITION:
- We’re a small company that’s dedicated to growing a tight-knit team that supports one another both in and out of the work environment
- You’ll have a flexible schedule and the ability to manage your own workload
- We’ll invest in your education, including your personal and career development
- We will treat you well, listen to your input and suggestions, and empower you to be creative and make decisions
- Your work will be interesting and will have a positive impact on the world
- This is a long-term position with a fast-growing company so there’s lots of room to grow, learn new skills, and earn new responsibilities
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a Writer/Growth Marketer who is eager to take the lead on their projects and make a huge impact on our company and clients.
First and foremost, you are someone who is amazing at writing error-free copy and content in any format. You’re also someone who is interested in marketing strategy and learning the ins and outs of our company as you’ll be supporting and executing ad hoc projects in different areas of our business outside of your standard copywriting work. This role is 100% remote, so you can work from anywhere. The work is also mostly asynchronous; as long as you get your work done on time you can manage your own schedule.
Our culture is collaborative, friendly, and open. We hire people who are efficient, proactive, innovative, and enjoy speaking their minds.
We’re not just looking for someone who can write, we’re looking for someone who wants to lead.
Sounds like you? If yes, this is an exciting long-term opportunity for you.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Write, proofread, and edit weekly promotional emails and newsletters for multiple clients
- Write, proofread, and edit blog posts
- Write, proofread, and edit web copy
- Write, proofread, and edit podcast scripts
- Create and collaborate on client content strategies
- Design, write, proofread, edit, and test email sequences
- Create language guides and brand-messaging manuals for clients
- Create email templates
- Work with the founder to develop and support new ideas and workflows that will provide more value to our clients and/or support our internal goals
While the work for this role is mostly asynchronous, you must have availability between 9 AM-1 PM ET required for regular meetings and check-ins.
ABOUT YOU / IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Have you ever been frustrated at work because there’s an obviously better way of doing things but the people responsible for making those changes aren’t willing to make them or just won’t listen to your suggestions?
If the answer to that question is yes, you’re probably the right person to join our team.
Not only will we listen to your suggestions and happily work with you to make improvements to our business and workflows, but we’re also eager to welcome team members that are driven to improve things overall.
If you’re the sort of person who just likes to check things off your to-do list and does as they’re told, this probably isn’t the right fit for you.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is curious and loves to learn and grow.
- Enjoys writing and are comfortable adapting their style to write in different brands’ voices.
- Enjoys the greater accountability, autonomy, and flexibility that comes with working on a small team.
- Values people - You are kind and considerate to people from all walks of life. You truly treat others as you wish to be treated.
- Has a high level of personal integrity - You uphold your agreements and you’re not afraid to communicate honestly and openly when difficulties arise.
- Is proactive and innovative - You don’t wait to be told what to do, you seek out problems to solve and take the lead in creating solutions for them. If you need information to finish a task; you’ll actively follow up until the task is complete–not wait or stop after the first step.
- Is bold and willing to speak up - You feel comfortable asking for help, bringing up concerns, and proposing new ideas. If you disagree, tell us and explain why.
- Is super detail-oriented - As a writer, you never hand in a final draft that contains errors in spelling, grammar, or formatting. You review your tasks to make sure everything is done correctly.
- Is comfortable receiving constructive criticism - We’re always looking to improve. If we notice that you can improve at something, we’ll talk to you about it. We’ll be respectful, but direct and quick. Do not apply if you’re not comfortable with constructive criticism.
MUST HAVE SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of English-language copywriting and editing experience
- Full professional proficiency writing in the English language
- Can write thoughtful and engaging email copy, blog content, and sales copy
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously to deliver projects on schedule
- Are in-tune with, and open to learning more about, digital marketing and email marketing best practices
- Have reliable internet and a reliable PC
- Good organizational and time management skills
- You’re familiar and comfortable working with Google Workspace (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Mail, Calendar)
- You’re looking for a long-term position you can grow with
OPTIONAL BUT A BIG PLUS:
- You’ve worked in, or have a passion, for education
- Experience designing simple graphics and/or email templates
- Experience working with ActiveCampaign
- Experience working with ClickUp
- Experience editing in WordPress
- Experience creating and mapping marketing automations
- You know enough about email marketing strategy that you can design campaigns and sequences, track their effectiveness, and improve them
HOW TO APPLY:
If you made it all the way to the bottom of this post and you believe you’d be a good fit I’d love to hear from you!
Monthly salary starts from $700 - $1000 based on your skills and level of relevant experience. We’re looking to hire a team member who will grow with our company long-term.
To apply, please follow the steps below:
- Start your application with: "I’m (insert your name) from (insert your city/ town). Then write a short paragraph that answers the following questions:
- How would getting this job support your larger life/career goals?
- Why do you think you’ll be a good fit for this position?
- Provide a link to your CV
- Provide a screenshot of your internet speed using a service like Speedtest: https://www.speedtest.net/
- Provide your top two written content pieces that you think best showcase your skills as a writer for this position.
- BONUS: Instead of writing a short paragraph for your application, record a video using Loom (with the camera on) that answers the questions above (the video must be under 5 minutes). Use Loom for free: https://www.loom.com/
Please also let me know your expected pay, and whether you are seeking full or part-time work. :)
If selected for an interview, I'll personally be in touch. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Thank you for applying!