Job title: Web Developer (WordPress)
Contract Type: Full-time Contract for Services
Location: Fully remote working option
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary scale: €1,500 - 2,000 per month (Your salary will reflect your levels of expertise in the essential criteria required for this role. If you believe your skill levels exceed our requirements, we'd be happy to negotiate).
This exciting role requires the successful candidate to have high-levels of capability in website development using WordPress.
WHY WORK WITH GROFUSE?
2021 has been an exciting year for Grofuse so far as we continue to build on the 150% growth we achieved in 2020 by adding driven specialist team members who share our vision.
We continue to build on our reputation for excellence as a small but leading digital growth agency in the UK and Ireland. The continuation of our growth relies on our specialist expertise and our collective ‘Right First Time’ mindset - and we are always seeking to improve our skills and add new expertise to the team.
Grofuse offers full remote working options while also providing a close-knit team environment where collaboration is fostered and encouraged through our healthy online meeting rhythm and agile methodology. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you can rely on all of the specialist support you need to help you to continuously improve your skills and further your career. Our non-corporate culture provides a fun and friendly environment with our clients' goals at the centre of everything we do.
We really care about our clients' growth and we get a kick out delivering real results for them. If you share our enthusiasm and believe in strong communication; fully understanding the desires of clients and the needs of their customers; learning new skills; and working with ever-evolving digital technologies, then Grofuse is the perfect place to drive your carer forward.
As a Grofuse team member, you'll be collaborating with our specialists on exciting projects for businesses and organisations operating in a wide range of sectors - from technology and manufacturing to food production, professional services, hospitality and many more.
We’re always looking for highly driven people to join our exciting journey of delivering growth for our customers. If you share our passion for growth, join us.
YOUR ROLE AT GROFUSE: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Website development using WordPress Avada theme, implementing detailed design specifications from our UX designers and graphic designers.
- Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Employ basic technical SEO techniques including the optimisation of loading speeds and capacity.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Communicate clearly with clients, managers and other departments (notably UX/UI and graphic designers) throughout the project until completion.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring each is developed within the agreed budget and time frame.
- Work collaboratively with project managers, client account managers, clients, designers, product owners and development teams.
- Optimisation of WordPress websites in an appropriate manner to meet client needs to achieve their goals
- Customise websites with integrations, plug-ins, e-commerce solutions, etc. where required.
- Accurately estimate all tasks as part of agile development (Kanban in Jira).
- Write reports and communicate the results of your work.
- Keep up to date with technological innovations and new tools.
- Provide turnkey websites that are fully functional, with a strong focus on quality assurance throughout the project by closely adhering to Grofuse’s web development checklists.
- Estimate projects accurately and deliver on time, and right first time.
- 3 years plus recent experience in WordPress website development
- Strong understanding of WordPress, with high levels of capability in customisation including third party integrations (APIs).
- Proficient in responsive website development using WordPress.
- Proficient in CSS.
- Strong working knowledge of PHP and HTML.
- Proven ability to develop websites right first time by quality assuring your work throughout the process.
- Experience in development using the Avada (WordPress) theme will be very advantageous, but not essential.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- To be a concept thinker with a keen visual awareness and willingness to learn specialist programmes.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with team members and clients to ensure that high quality customised WordPress websites to meet customer requirements.
- Strong capacity for empathy with clients and their customers (end users) so that you can fully understand what they want from the website.
- Commercially focused in-line with Grofuse’s commitment to deliver projects right first time, on time and within budget, with no rework required.
- Excellent written communication skills, with outstanding attention to detail.
- A high level of concentration and resilience to stay focused on a project to the end and meet client deadlines.
- An open, flexible and adaptable mindset to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies.
- Strong ability to multitask and work on multiple projects in any given day as required by the business.
- The ability to relate well to other professionals and work as a specialist within a diverse team of specialists.
- A desire and willingness to keep up to date with software applications and new techniques in a rapidly changing profession.
- Ability to troubleshoot development problems and communicate issues quickly to maximise efficiency.
- A passion for helping Grofuse and our clients achieve our/their growth ambitions.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now’ and include a link to your CV and cover note.