Wordpress Developer for Web Agency
Salary Type: Monthly
We're an Australian based web agency that manages the online assets of 100s of businesses. We provide web hosting, website support, SEO, Adwords & online marketing to SMBs through to large corporate customers. The majority of our customers are running on the Wordpress platform.
We're looking for a full stack Wordpress developer to handle mostly Wordpress technical jobs, things like:
- Wordpress migrations onto our platform (wpalpha.com) - we aim for zero downtime migrations where possible
- Wordpress speed optimization (we have a productised service wpspeedfix.com) - some of these speed problems are complex
- DNS migrations and Cloudflare setup
- Converting WP sites to HTTPS from HTTP
- General Wordpress dev tasks like changing designs, messing with CSS, changing layouts and occasional site builds
- Solving technical problems with Wordpress
- Basic SEO tasks (eg installing and configuring SEO plugins, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics)
- Woocommerce troubleshooting and plugin upgrades for larger stores where updates need to be managed for minimum downtime
Occasionally you'll need to email with clients so you need to be fluent english speaker.
We use Zendesk for customer support and job management. Some of the other things you'll be be doing:
--Manage tickets, prioritise appropriately and translate often obscure and general customer requests into actionable todo items
--Providing helpdesk support via email, livechat and phone (generally split, 85% email/support tickets, 14% livechat, 1% phone - maybe 2 or 3 calls a month)
4 weeks paid vacation per year (every 6 months you get 2 weeks)
An environment where you are respected, trusted and challenged
Flexibility to study and improve - we will pay for books and courses upto $75/month
Ideally your work hours will have some overlap with Australian timezones but for the most part you can set your own work schedule. We aim for at least a minimum 20 hours per week of time assigned to client projects and ideally 30 hours each week. We track time against client tickets in Zendesk.
We use Skype for our phone system and while working we require all team members to be logged into their skype business account and answer the phone if it rings. We don't get many client calls so you'll probably only answer 1 or 2 calls a month max.
We typically pay all staff via Transferwise but are flexible and can pay by other methods if required eg Paypal or Payoneer
You'll need a decent quality internet connection!
Please apply here on jobrack and include:
-your relevant experience
-your work history
-some of the projects you've worked on.
-some information on why you're looking for a new position right now
Looking for someone for 20-30 hours per week, salary is negotaible.