WordPress Developer for Speed Optimization Service -- Flexible Hours, Respectful Team [CLOSED]
We're a US based service provider that serves businesses around the world. Our company is simple: we speed up WordPress. Yep, we specialize in taking slow WordPress websites and applying our speed optimization process to make them load lightning fast. We serve agencies and individual businesses.
What it's like to be on our team
You'll be part of our small team -- NOT some person in another country we randomly throw work at and disrespect when it wasn't done properly because we weren't clear on requirements.
You'll be respected and valued for your expertise. We are very tolerant to making mistakes and learning, but we are very serious about safety precautions with customer websites (taking a full website backup is the first step in our process, failing to do so is automatic termination).
Don't stress, we make this easy by providing an optimization checklist for you to follow every time making it impossible to forget.
What this job is
We're looking for a full stack Wordpress developer for our WordPress speed service to do things like:
- Migrate WordPress sites to faster hosting - we aim for zero downtime migrations where possible
- Optimize WordPress sites for speed
- DNS migrations, setting up Cloudflare and in some cases other CDNs
- Upgrading from HTTP to HTTPS
- Troubleshooting errors and solving technical WordPress problems
- Troubleshooting WooCommerce and plugin upgrades for larger stores where updates need to be managed for minimum downtime (ideally zero downtime)
You need to be a fluent English speaker (written) as you'll be interacting directly with customers via email.
We use Service Provider Pro for customer support and order management. Some of the other things you'll be be doing:
- Manage support tickets -- be able to prioritize these and be able to understand a customer's request even when they are unable to use correct terminology
- Providing support via email and livechat
You'll need to have experience with:
- Using a waterfall chart to identify bottlenecks slowing down the load time
- Wordpress overall
- Website hosting
- Troubleshooting WordPress problems and figuring out answers by yourself
We're flexible with how this role is structured.
This is an hourly role but there is plenty of work to bill 30-40 hours per week. Salary is negotiable depending on experience - for a mid level developer our salary starts at $15 USD/hour
We track time using toggl.com
We typically pay all staff via Transferwise but are flexible and can pay by other methods if required eg Paypal or Payoneer
You'll need a decent internet connection!
Please apply here on Jobrack and provide the following:
- Your relevant experience
- Some details about your last 2-3 jobs
- What your favorite type of development work is
- Some info about why you're looking for work at the moment
Also in the application, please rate your comfort and skills with the following on a scale of: None, Not strong, Strong or Very strong
- CSS & HTML
- Hosting Migration
- Site speed optimization
- Reading a waterfall chart to identify bottlenecks slowing down a website
- Popular page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder (you won't be building pages, but you might need to change something for speed reasons like an image or iframe)
- Image compression via ShortPixel, Smush, Imagify, etc
- Troubleshooting technical problems (plugin conflicts, wp-config issues, .htaccess issues, etc)