I'm looking to hire a talented, part-time WordPress developer
As our WordPress Developer, you will:
- Increase and improve Google Lighthouse scores
- Improve site speed through code optimization for the best performance
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues in a timely manner
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans and proper QA procedures before deploying to production
- Take lo-fi mockups and sketch designs and code them into the client’s website
- Collaborate with marketing and management to ensure that the website aligns with SEO strategies and meets the organization’s standards.
- Conduct website performance tests, including ADA compliance audits, monitoring Google Lighthouse scores, and ensuring ll plugins are working and up to date
- Take initiative in making changes that could positively impact our conversion rate and Google site rankings
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Conduct and write monthly website maintenance reports
Once you join our team, your initial project will be to review and refactor our client’s website theme code, optimizing for best performance & improve our Lighthouse scores.
All tasks will be assigned via Notion and communication with the team will take place over Slack and email.
- You have 3+ years in WordPress website development.
- You have a strong understanding of WordPress, with high levels of capability in customization including third party integrations (APIs).
- You are proficient in UI/UX Web Design and Development, CSS design, cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility. Knowledge in Divi is a plus.
- You’re a problem solver. You love being able to troubleshoot and solve website issues.
- You have a strong attention to detail. You run all of your code through a solid QA process before deploying it to production.
- You're reliable - You do what you say you are going to do. You never miss deadlines.
- You are self-motivated - You are naturally driven and able to work independently. If a problem arises, you take responsibility for it instead of making excuses or placing blame.
- You're comfortable communicating over Slack, Loom, Notion, and email.
- Knowledge of the WordPress Theme, Divi
- Knowledge of content delivery network (CDN) systems (e.g., Cloudflare) to optimize site performance
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including e.g., Git, Bitbucket
- Part-time role
- $30 - $70 USD per hour depending on experience
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to complete the application form ASAP but no later than 12/8.
Note: Only candidates who complete this application will be considered.