Job title: UX Web Design Specialist
Contract Type: Full-time Contract for Services
Location: Fully remote working option
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary scale: €1,400 - 2,000 per month (commensurate with experience)
WHY WORK WITH GROFUSE?
2021 has been an exciting year for Grofuse so far as we continue to build on the 150% growth we achieved in 2020 by adding driven specialist team members who share our vision.
We continue to build on our reputation for excellence as a small but leading digital growth agency in the UK and Ireland. The continuation of our growth relies on our specialist expertise and our collective ‘Right First Time’ mindset - and we are always seeking to improve our skills and add new expertise to the team.
Grofuse offers full remote working options while also providing a close-knit team environment where collaboration is fostered and encouraged through our healthy online meeting rhythm and agile methodology. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you can rely on all of the specialist support you need to help you to continuously improve your skills and further your career. Our non-corporate culture provides a fun and friendly environment with our clients' goals at the centre of everything we do.
We really care about our clients' growth and we get a kick out delivering real results for them. If you share our enthusiasm and believe in strong communication; fully understanding the desires of clients and the needs of their customers; learning new skills; and working with ever-evolving digital technologies, then Grofuse is the perfect place to drive your carer forward.
As a Grofuse team member, you'll be collaborating with our specialists on exciting projects for businesses and organisations operating in a wide range of sectors - from technology and manufacturing to food production, professional services, hospitality and many more.
We’re always looking for highly driven people to join our exciting journey of delivering growth for our customers. If you share our passion for growth, join us.
YOUR ROLE AT GROFUSE: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
UX Web Design Specialist
- Work closely with our developers to create stunning and highly functional websites and software platforms with superb UX.
- Meet with account managers/clients in discovery meetings (in English) to gather information about their requirements.
- Translate concepts into wireframes, prototypes and user flows using specialist tools such as Axure, InVision, Marvel, OmniGraffle, Visio and Sketch, as well as the Adobe product suite.
- Work collaboratively with other designers, product owners and development teams.
- Plan and conduct remote user research and usability testing with real users to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
- Accurately estimate tasks as part of Agile development process (Kanban/Scrum methodologies), delivering projects on time, and right first time.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX/UI designs (across all devices).
- Write reports and communicate the results of your work.
- Keep up to date with technological innovations and new tools.
- File all assets in the Grofuse cloud for other team members to easily access.
- Create website page designs for development in WordPress and other software platforms.
- Test UX layout features including buttons, callouts, highlights, and tables.
- Create and present colour schemes and fonts for maximum conversions on websites and platforms.
- Design new landing pages for Grofuse and our clients as instructed by our marketing team.
- Graphic design of social media posts, Google Ads, newsletters, infographics and more.
- Create stunning design for brands, including company colour schemes, logos, fonts and brand guidelines for use.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring each is developed within the agreed budget and timeframe.
- Ability to quality assure your own work to ensure you always exceed client expectations.
- Strong understanding and experience of UX design for WordPress websites and other software platforms across all devices.
- Proficient in designing fully responsive websites and software platforms across all devices.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design for web.
- Specialist in UX design best practices and mobile-first design.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can manage workloads remotely.
- Experience of working closely and relating well with developers and other team members.
- Experience in prototyping user journeys.
- A concept thinker with a keen visual awareness and excellent attention to the finest details.
- Strong capacity for empathy with clients and their customers (end users) so that you can fully understand what they want as a web user.
- Strong ability to multitask and work on multiple projects in any given day as required by the business.
- A passion for helping Grofuse and our clients achieve our/their growth ambitions.
- Working knowledge of design for WordPress Avada theme is an advantage.
- WordPress development experience is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of CSS is an advantage
- Working knowledge of PHP and HTML is an advantage.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply Now’ and include a link to your CV and cover note.