Tech Wizard needed - WP and PHP expert for a Private Equity company. Develop, design, manage, code, work on multiple different projects! [CLOSED]
PHP Mysql / MariaDB Logo design Wordpress
We are a rapidly growing Private Equity company, DomainMagnate.com, and we've been successfully buying and managing different online businesses for more than a decade.
As a Tech Wizard at Domain Magnate you'll be able
- Work on many different projects, constantly tackling new and interesting challenges (rather than working on only one or several main sites)
- Take your skills to the next level by constantly learning and challenging your expertise
- Work directly with CEO, or high level managers
- Be part of a growing remote team, where you're give both clear objectives, instructions, tutoring, but also enough freedom to engage your creativity and work in your best rhythm!
We need someone who is hard-working, highly organised and experienced in wordpress coding, development and php, and can do some minor web design.
About the role
Part time remote position. We are looking for someone very professional and reliable, we can have a very long term cooperation part time, and potentially offer a full time employment in the future.
Here are some of the tasks you can expect to do in the first few months:
- Review various WordPress sites, update plugin, optimize, remove/add other plugins to run faster
- Create basic small custom graphics/logos
- Edit some basic design elements in a custom WP theme, add some plugins, or code to setup simple custom functionality
- Integrate a WP website with APIs from a CRM
- Fix bugs in a php script
- Add extra functionality to a custom coded php-based website
- Evaluate a custom coded website we are planning to acquire regarding functionality, issues, bugs, features
- Clean up malware infected sites on a server
- Find/replace/change various affiliate ids and codes in all pages of a WP site
We have detailed processes written up for how to do the more complicated tasks. Whenever there is a task that involves figuring something out you will be expected to study how to do it, come up with options and get approval before implementing it.
This is a part time job, however, based on your performance, you may be offered a full time position with the company.
We need someone who is:
- Highly experienced in managing/editing/coding Wordpress sites, themes, plugins, sql dtabases, php and working with APIs
- extremely organised and very reliable – we need to know we can rely on you, if you promise to complete a task tomorrow - we will expect it to be completed tomorrow.
- hard-working – we don’t mess around here. We get a lot done very quickly. You will need to as well.
- Intelligent and good at figuring things out – there are lots of problems to solve. You will be expected to try and figure out the options before asking for advice.
- Good at written and spoken English
How to apply
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY - OTHERWISE YOU APPLICATION MAY BE DISCARDED.
- Apply with Tech Wizard in the first line of your email or in title via domainmagnate.com/jobs
- Include a link to your CV on Dropbox or another file sharing system and include links to your profiles on freelance sites (if you have), or links to sites/software you've built
- Include your expected rate, either hourly, or fixed monthly salary for part time, based on your number of available hours.
- (not required, but recommended) Include a short video (or cover letter/email) - 1-3min describing your experience in web dev, why you're interested in this position and why we should hire you.
I look forward to hearing from you!
CEO, Domain Magnate LLC