Hey there, JobRack team here! We have some important questions for you:
- Do you enjoy improving processes and making people’s lives easier through automation?
- Do you like coding for long stretches of time without interruption?
If so, then we are the place for you so keep on reading!
--What do we do?--
We are a platform dedicated to connecting high quality Eastern European remote workers with awesome companies and jobs. We’re passionate about helping our clients find the best talent in Europe that will help them grow their businesses.
--What is it like to work with us?--
1. Full Time Remote/Flexible Hours. You will be working from home in your pajamas, on your schedule. And we don’t care if you work 10 hour days 4 days a week or want to catch up on the weekend. So long as you put your hours in and get your work done, we’re happy.
2. Complete Work/Life Balance. If you’re routinely working more than 45ish hours, you’re gonna get a friendly talking-to. We want you to be operating at 100% capacity, which means that you need to rest.
3. You Can Be Yourself. You don’t have to put on a fake, professional face. You can just be yourself. You can talk smack to the CEO, and no one will think anything of it.
4. Strongly Anti-BS. Anybody in the company can (and is expected to) tell the CEO when he is wrong. There are no bureaucratic or BS rules getting in the way of getting work done.
6. No Micro-Management. Once you’re trained and have demonstrated you know your stuff, we are pretty hands-off. In fact, if you need external management to stay on-task and motivated, we probably aren’t the place for you.
7. Supportive Environment. We don’t operate via intense stress or unreasonable top-down deadlines. Everyone wants you to be successful – internal politics are at a minimum here.
8. No Toxic People Allowed. We try very hard to screen out mean people before they get in, but in case they slip through, we fire them quickly. Imagine never having to interact with toxic people at work - how nice would that be?
9. We’ll Invest in Your Training. We want you and everyone to get better constantly. You’ll be learning new things all the time, and are strongly encouraged to invest time every day to learn new things, improve your system/work process, and just generally try to make your life easier.
10. Four Weeks Vacation. We 100% want you to recharge, so having plenty of time off is absolutely worth it.
--What will you actually be doing?--
Super short version:
Developing really good internal tools/webapps so that other people’s lives are easier. You’ll help to understand the process and produce a solution that balances internal customer needs with the realities of software development.
Here is a bulleted list of responsibilities:
- Understand the underlying process/problem deeply
- Work with other people in the company to brainstorm solutions
- Propose/decide on a solution
- Build the tools, as you see fit
- Work with the rest of the team to test it
- Support the software/train someone else to support it if possible
You’re going to be able to participate and even drive the software development life cycle (SDLC) from beginning to end. This is a true green field.
Like everyone else in the company, you will also need to innovate regularly - which means figuring out ways to improve quality and production speed.
It is challenging, but fun work that’s going to require a lot of time and task management, problem-solving, and a reasonable amount of people skills.
--What’s the salary range?--
We would like to hear first from you, what are your salary expectations?
We can’t beat the FAANGs of the world, but we are very reasonable people and intend to be competitive.
--What opportunities for advancement exist?--
Our ambition is to be a big company with huge success for all our team and our customers. We’re looking to provide exceptional growth opportunities to all our team members both now and in the future.
We just want to make the point that this isn’t a dead-end job - we are 100% planning to grow this department.
--Do I need webapp development experience?--
This is definitely a role where we need you to come in with existing knowledge of full-stack software development. We will absolutely support you by paying for courses, giving you time to learn, and whatever else you think you need, but we don’t have the internal ability to offer you substantial development training.
--Do I need a college degree?--
You just need to be awesome, though a college degree can sometimes help demonstrate that to us.
--Is there a team in-place?--
This is a solo role for now, though you’ll be working with internal teams to discover needs and plan features and what have you. This is not a supporting role. We intend to grow the team long-term, particularly with our SaaS ambitions, but for now, this is a solo gig.
--What languages/development frameworks do you use?--
You’re starting from scratch here (100% green field), you’ll have the freedom and responsibility to choose the technologies deployed. We’ll support you and won’t force cheap/free tools on you. If you hate PHP, then let’s not use PHP.
We don't care which stack(s) you know, but you need to know the heck out of at least one.
--What do I need to do to apply?--
Please click the apply button and fill in the application form.
We promise to respond within 5-10 business days even if our answer is No.
There will be multiple steps in this process, FYI, including a written application, interviews with potentially a few different people, and work tests including a paid one. Hiring the right people is really hard and very expensive if we do it poorly, so we have to front-load the process. I'm sorry about that and thank you for sticking with us.
Once you’re in our pipeline though, I would anticipate giving you a final answer within a few weeks, depending on how it goes. We definitely don’t want to string you along, and as long as you do what we ask, we promise to tell you “yes” or “no”, and to not just ghost you.
Thank you for your time and interest, and I hope we can work together soon!
Awesome online job platform providing highly skilled, hard working Eastern European remote workers to companies all over the world.View company profile