Social Media Marketer and Content Promoter [CLOSED]
Salary Type: Hourly
We are a small online music education company looking for a new member to join our team part-time and help promote our content via social media, email and influencer outreach marketing.
We believe that far too many people get frustrated and give up when learning music because there seems to be something missing: the inner musical instinct. The "gift" of understanding music by ear and being able to play and create music freely and confidently.
At Easy Ear Training our mission to find those people – and make it easy for them to start having "Aha!" moments in understanding music by ear – so that they can bring our their inner musicality and start to feel like the confident natural musician they deserve to be.
Our team is made up of enthusiastic musicians distributed around the world and the business is growing fast. We are looking for someone to join the team and help us accelerate this exciting growth phase.
Currently we publish 5+ high quality music education articles per week. These find a good audience via search traffic but there is a lot of untapped potential to get them seen more widely via social media and other channels.
We are looking for someone to take charge of this initiative of getting our content seen more widely, and so help more people to learn music and attract more customers for our products.
To be a good fit for this role you would be:
- • A musician. You don't need to be a pro – but you do love and play music.
- • A great communicator. You are outgoing and enjoy making new connections with other people. You have excellent written English and attention to detail so you'll include the word harmonica in your application.
- • Self-motivated and good at finding your own solutions.
You have experience doing proactive content promotion beyond just posting to social media, and will be excited to take responsibility for our content being seen more widely. You take initiative and are creative in finding new opportunities. You work in a well-organised and systematic way.
We have a core set of activities you will start from, including:
- • Posting our articles on our own Twitter and Facebook accounts
- • Doing outreach on social media to increase followers and shares of our content
- • Identifying and cold emailing relevant influencers to build relationships and promote our content
You will go beyond that, coming up with new ideas and strategies for getting our content seen by the right audience.
This is a part-time remote role requiring roughly 20 hours per week.
Your working hours are flexible and you can work from any location that is convenient for you. We will communicate primarily via Slack, with a short weekly voice/video catchup chat.
Does this sound like your ideal job? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply please send:
- a tweet-sized explanation of why you're a great candidate for this job
- a summary of your experience in music and in content promotion (max 200 words)
- your answer to "What's your favourite song or piece of music - and why?" (max 200 words)
- your hourly rate
- your result from this short (~15mins) personality assessment, to help us see how you'd fit with our existing team.