Senior Wordpress Developer and Technical Lead [CLOSED]
Our growing Australian company has a fantastic full-time remote job opportunity available for a Senior Wordpress Developer and Technical Lead on an ongoing basis for our online learning platform. You will be leading and managing the technical aspects of the site including upgrades, updates, and enhancements.
It is a super important role in the company as we are an online business. Our customers rely on our site to be online, reliable and error-free. Your job is to optimize the site, make the customer experience the best it can be, add enhancement of new functionality and fix any issues or bugs that arise.
Specifically, the job includes:
- Taking the lead to manage site enhancements, plugin updates, upgrades and bug fixes
- Taking the lead to create new enhancements and plugins to Wordpress, WooCommerce, and Learndash
- Monitoring the health of the site including database optimization, staging environments, hosting
- Managing and coordinating with plugin vendors or other developers
- Monitoring and managing the progress and completion of project tasks
- Maintaining the current status of all tasks in Trello
- Following up with issues until they are resolved
- Helping to test new enhancements and document issues
- Identify enhancement and improvement opportunities
You should have:
- Please only apply if you are an excellent English speaker both written and verbal
- SUPER High attention to detail - it bothers you, if something is not right and you see things that others don't.
- You have experience with Wordpress development, creating Plugins, testing, and updates
- Experience with PHP, CSS
- You must be able to research and find solutions to problems
- You must be able to take the lead and own issues until they are solved
- Experience with Woocommerce
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Learndash
- Our team is based around the world, but you would be working with team members in Australia and the Phillipines, so you need to be prepared to start work early so that some of your working hours overlap with the rest of the team.
To apply, please complete the questions on this form:
We look forward to hearing from you!