Senior Software Engineer
Salary Type: Monthly
We are looking for experienced senior software engineers to join our globally distributed research and development team. Our team works collaboratively and each member participates in our research and product development process, helps guide the direction of the product and ensures we all know not only what we build, but why we build it. We’re looking for “drivers” -- engineers who are proactive, thrive when they own the outcome, shape the way we work, and look ahead to the next set of challenges.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on various aspects of the product, from our machine-learning algorithms (that analyze millions of emails each day) to our front-end interfaces. Projects you may work on include developing and implementing algorithms that will help us automatically organize our customers’ email and make Folio feel magical, and building user interfaces that seamlessly integrate the Folio magic with email clients such as Gmail and Outlook. You'll write well tested code you’re proud of and ship it to production in a matter of hours.
- Collaborate with Product and Design to define technically feasible solutions
- Ensure we have the correct technical requirements well defined, and understood
- Implement features throughout our application stack leveraging common test automation frameworks.
- Facilitate engineering design decisions to help solve cross-cutting and architectural concerns
- Contribute to supporting the production environment, ensuring operational stability and participating in service degradation and incident response
- Increase the team’s knowledge and capability via code reviews and mentorship
- 5+ years of software design & implementation experience building distributed, event-driven production applications
- Expertise in developing internet-based data platforms (full-stack or microservice) using one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, GoLang, NodeJS
- Ability to leverage primitive and advanced data structures in order to craft complex, performant algorithms
- Experience leveraging services of public cloud providers: AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Understanding of SQL schema design patterns (such as 3NF, star, columnar, etc)
- Familiarity with advanced non-SQL data storage solutions (NoSQL, key/value) such as Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Hive, HBase
- Computer Science or related degree preferred, but not required
- Ability to convey ideas using excellent verbal and written skills coupled with the ability to craft design documents, diagrams, and prototypes
What We Offer:
- Ability to work from home with an all-remote team
- Reimbursement for the cost of a gym membership, yoga studio, or other wellness activity
- Flexible paid time off / vacation - we encourage everyone to take three weeks off each year
How To Apply
Complete the application form at this link