Sales Engineer for Up-and-Coming Marketing Agency in the Travel Industry
Posted 2 months ago
We are 10x Travel - a lead generation company that helps travel companies get more bookings.
We do this in two main ways.
First, we collect email addresses from the people already on our customers’ website by creating a free email course which people want to get a copy of.
You can see examples of these on these pages:
Once our customer is collecting email subscribers, the second thing we do is we create educational articles.
These are articles we publish on their blog or website, and then we promote them to attract lots of new potential clients to their website (where we can collect their email address).
You can see example of content we produce on these pages:
By putting this all together, we create an end-to-end process for generating demand for travel businesses.
What Will I Be Doing?
At the moment we’re looking for a part-time sales engineer to support our Sales Director in our email outreach campaigns, with a view to signing new customers. In particular you will be:
- Communicating with our lead generation supplier, who do basic research of new prospects
- Cleaning up raw data CSV files from them, importing them into Google Sheets and doing additional research of these leads
- Preparing and sending email outreach campaigns with PersistIQ
- Communicating with engaged prospects by email to schedule sales demos with our Sales Director
- Contributing to our SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) with the things you do and learn on the job
- Collaborating with our team, as part of our team, via Slack
What Skills and Experience Do I Need?
This is initially a part-time role, and training and step-by-step instructions will be provided.
However, we are ideally looking for someone who:
- Has immaculate, idiomatic written English (as you will be sending a lot of emails on behalf of our Sales Director)
- Is driven, ambitious and highly autonomous - this is a remote role and we will be relying on you to show up and do the work on a daily basis
- Knows what an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) is, and has some experience using them in another organisation
- Prides themselves on their attention to detail (make sure you include the phrase ‘hyper-focussed’ somewhere in your application in bold)
- Has some experience in a sales or marketing role for another organisation
- Has a strong technical foundation. You don’t need to be able to write code, but solid skills working with Excel, WordPress, Facebook Ads, Google AdWords or other digital marketing orientated tools is a plus.
What Are The Perks?
- Work from anywhere on the planet. Want to work from the beach in Rio or from a cabin in the Swiss Alps? Fine with us (just make sure you save us a guest room)
- Flexible schedule. Morning person or night owl? As long as you’re crushing it (and checking in on a daily basis on Slack / attending the occasional team meeting on Skype) you’re free to work the hours you like
- Awesome coworkers from all over the world. Right now our team are located in the UK, USA and Bosnia
- Build a legacy. Build (or boost) your sales and marketing track record at rapidly-growing company, with huge opportunities to develop your role as you see fit
- Help sell a product that really helps small and medium businesses in a truly exciting industry: travel
What Happens If I Get The Job?
If you’re successful, we will hire you for a two-week trial of 10 hours work per week and will be paid $8 per hour.
You will need to spread this workload two hours per day, five days a week.
After a successful trial, we will negotiate a monthly contract of 10 - 30 hours a week. With an hourly rate increase based on your performance in the trial.
At the moment, our sales strategy is relatively simple and restricted to one core channel: email outreach.
However, in 2017 we plan to scale this up by adding new channels. Demonstrate your ability to do so, and you could soon have the creative freedom to:
- Lead the development of our sales and marketing strategy across new channels
- Lead sales calls, negotiate new deals and earn commission
- Find new ways to add value to our company
How Do I Apply?
To apply for the role, complete this application form, and answer the following questions:
- Tell me what you think about SOPs, and - if you have any experience with them - how you’ve used them in the past
- How would you suggest our company scales up our sales and marketing strategy in 2017?
- What professional experiences have you had that are most relevant to this role?
- What technical experience do you have that you feel will add value to this role?
- Can you tell me about something in your working life in the last few years that made you feel good about yourself?
Finally, complete the following task:
Tour Italy Now (http://www.touritalynow.com/) is an American company selling tours to Italy. Imagine I gave you the email address of the owner, Dominic. They do not know you and they do not know 10x Travel.
How would you start a conversation with him (posing as Max Hardy, a Founder of 10x Travel) and get him to agree to - and then schedule - a Skype consultation with me? Describe your approach and the email(s) you would send.
Look forward to hearing from you soon! Here's the application form again: https://goo.gl/forms/gBeDL8NtiEg6sHKH2