To apply click the APPLY button and complete the form, otherwise, your application will not be considered!
... Love being a part of the creative process.
... Want hands-on, real-world photography experience.
... Thrive in a high-stress environment filled with political infighting, bureaucracy, and corporate BS.
If so, then we are the place for you, except you might hate how nice of a company we have - filled with happy, generally competent people that don’t put up with assholes. Frankly, it makes me sick how nice everyone is. They’re up to something, let me tell you.
We have very flexible hours, people are judged by their output, not by how much they suck up to the boss, and turnover is super low because the company believes that happy employees = happy customers = happy bank account. Simply disgusting, if you ask me.
Yup! Amazingly enough, we actually paid money to post this on a bunch of different job sites. And it’s not even a pyramid scheme! Plus, get this: the owner just started paying our 25 employees with money instead of Pizza Hut coupons- we’re big time, people. We even have a Careers page (worth checking out to learn more about how insane we are):
Our business involves taking random products and then marketing the hell out of them, primarily on Amazon. We have hundreds of SKUs at the moment and are launching around 10-20 new products every single month. A small sampling:
Bad Parking Cards (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HLGZRCQ)
Cable Tie Mounts (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNBS6TG)
We want to launch as many products as we can. Our business is just about doubling every year ($5m in 2018, $10m in 2019), and it’s our intention to continue that for as long as possible, which means we need good people to help us keep up with the growth.
1. Flexible Schedule. In general, we don’t care if you start 2 hours before or after people as long as you give us the hours and output we expect from those hours. If you need to take a day off, you almost never need pre-approval as long as you make sure your workload is going to be covered.
2. Relaxed Environment. It is pretty rare that anyone is stressed out here, except when it’s self-imposed. We are low-key people. Everyone works hard, but there isn't outside or unreasonable top-down pressure.
3. No Dress Code. I suppose you technically have to wear clothes, but I can’t say that anyone has tested this rule yet, so it may not officially exist.
4. No Micro-Management. Once you're trained and have demonstrated you know your stuff, we are pretty hands off. In fact, if you need external management to stay on-task and motivated, we probably aren't the place for you.
5. Strongly Anti-BS. Anybody in the company can (and is expected to) tell the owner when he is wrong. There is no bureaucracy or BS rules getting in the way of getting work done. You can tell the owner he is wrong to his face, and he doesn’t get mad (he does cry himself to sleep after, but no big deal).
6. No Assholes Allowed. We try very hard to screen out assholes before they get in, but in case they slip through, we fire them quickly.
7. Four Weeks Vacation. If you need a personal day or anything like that, make sure your work is covered as much as reasonable, but otherwise, you do you.
8. Lots of Growth Ahead. We are not trying to just be a small business. We want to be doing $50 million annually within a few years. We have 25 people right now, but there are LOTS of growth opportunities ahead which means new and better opportunities for you.
See here: http://www.jlstradingco.com/careers/
Yes, those are legitimately our values.
The Short-ish version:
Creating killer images that sell the daylights out of our products using all of your creative 3D rendering, photo compositing, and retouching skills across a wide variety of products.
Building and ultimately leading a team of rendering artists who will be accountable for 70% of our overall images as we continue to grow and increase the number of products in our catalog.
We are an e-commerce company that sells a wide variety of products under our own brands. We use a lot of unique imagery and cannot always capture exactly what we want in the camera. And by that, we mean that we generally can’t find a way to photograph some of our concepts because the ideas don’t always adhere to the laws of physics or nature.
We are creating nearly 40 advertising images a week, of which many require 3D rendering. It can be as simple as creating a defect-free product from a reference shot, or placing that product into an existing photo, or even creating a scene from a rough description. In all cases, we need someone with strong talent and a vivid imagination.
We do our best to be good teammates and communicate well up-front, but getting the right image is difficult because we don’t always have a super clear idea of how we want the final product to look. We can give direction, but we may need to see options and make a few rounds of changes along the way.
We will be extremely fair with your time and talent
Here is a bulleted list of responsibilities:
3D rendering and product modelling
Photo retouching as needed
Spot healing images
Clipping individual products as needed
Work with and assist photographers and creative team at large with brainstorming images
Assist with the building of shot lists and shoot schedules
Participate in photo planning
Offering strong ideas and concepts for shot
File management - rename files according to our naming convention, backing up data on servers and transferring files over FTP
Miscellaneous/random image tasks as assigned
Take a look at some of the rendering work we have done in the past
Like everyone else in the company, you will also need to innovate regularly - which means figuring out ways to improve quality and production speed.
It is challenging, but fun work that’s going to require a lot of time and task management, problem-solving, and a reasonable amount of people skills.
--What’s the salary range?--
Not necessarily. What matters is whether or not you can deliver the goods.
We don’t exactly have fixed work hours, so long as you get your work done and put in your hours. In general, I would anticipate this job requiring 40-45 hours per week. You’ll need to be available during regular business hours, particularly when a photo shoot is happening. Outside of that, we don't care if you start at 6AM or 10AM, if you work 10 hour days, or if you want to catch up on the weekend so long as you put your hours in and get your work done.
If you ever need to go out for a doctor’s appointment, lunch with your significant other, or whatever else, you just do it. You don’t need permission. We’re adults here, even though we act like children ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
First off, there is a train by our warehouse which you’ll eventually get stuck at, so in that sense...yes.
But yes, you will definitely receive training. We love to invest into our employees to make them better.
This is a great job to learn and improve. We are trying to grow very quickly, so if you can prove yourself to be capable, then we will absolutely give you more work and responsibility (and money).
1. Be smart as hell. You will experience a lot of pain if you can’t keep up intellectually. It’s not like we’re geniuses or anything, but we definitely don’t have time to be arguing with not-so-smart people.
2. Have a crazy good design eye. Not everybody shares “it” when it comes to evaluating the quality of creative endeavors. You definitely need to have “it.”
3. Be very coachable. If you don't like getting blunt, honest feedback (we're always nice about it FWIW) and improving, we probably aren't a fit for each other.
4. Willingness to do whatever. We're still more or less a startup, so everyone has to wear multiple hats. Sometimes everyone has to chip in to help get orders shipped out, you know?
5. Have a fun attitude. We like people with a great sense of attitude and overall happy outlook on life.
1. 3D modeling expertise is required, animation is a definite plus, Adobe Photoshop and Google Sheets are key
2. You need to be good at working in an ambiguous environment where it’s not super clear what to prioritize or how to solve the problem. You won’t have a manager on your back all day, so being self-directed is a must.
3. You should be able to figure things out on your own rapidly. We will absolutely train you on how things work and so forth, but you need to be comfortable working in the unknown, where decisions are ambiguous, and just figuring it out.
4. You need to be able to articulate yourself well and engage in vociferous but friendly debate to arrive at truth. We “argue/truth seek” A LOT, but it’s really positive because we trust each other, know we all want the same thing, and are only arguing over facts and conclusions, not whether someone is a good/competent person, if that makes sense.
5. You need the people skills and emotional intelligence to keep your coworkers happy and to negotiate with our suppliers to get us better rates while not pissing them off.
You and the IRS both!
To apply click the APPLY button and complete the form, otherwise, your application will not be considered!
We promise to respond within 5-10 business days even if our answer is No.
There will be multiple steps in this process FYI including the above quiz, interviews with potentially a few different people, assessment tests, and a paid work test. Hiring the right people is really hard and very expensive if we do it poorly, so we have to front-load the process. I'm sorry about that and thank you for sticking with us.
Once you’re in our pipeline though, I would anticipate giving you a final answer within 2-3ish weeks max. We definitely don’t want to string you along, and as long as you do what we ask, we promise to tell you yes or no and to not just ghost you like everybody I match with on Tinder.
Thank you for your time and interest, and I hope we can work together soon!
JLS Trading Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, JLS Trading Co. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
JLS Trading Co. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of JLS Trading Co.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
No agencies, please. Thank you.
1. You Can Be Yourself. You don’t have to put on a fake, professional face. You can just...View company profile
Amazon Advertising AgencyApply