Referral Manager (Healthcare) - remote work, training, opportunities for growth, ability to work independently [CLOSED]
Salary Type: Monthly
English - speaking English - writing
Our US based healthcare business provides referral management services for healthcare companies connecting patients with physician offices.
We are looking for someone who is hard-working, organized, detailed, enjoys problem-solving, and is passionate about healthcare to manage referrals for a mid-sized physician office in the US.
This fully remote role is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys doing work that helps people. The work is low-stress and provides a chance to increase your knowledge of the healthcare field.
As a company, our goal is to take a process that is fundamentally broken and make it better. Our vision is to streamline the referral management process and improve the communication between all parties. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in every step of learning how to make this process more efficient, how to use technology to automate low-level tasks, and become familiar with using APIs and Robotic Process Automation.
Full support will be provided when you first start working with us, including training in how to do each thing you work on.
About the role
Initial pay of $1300/month plus $650 quarterly bonus if you reach performance targets. We’re a small, growing company so there will be lots of opportunity for promotion and growth. This is suitable for someone hard-working, who really wants to learn/grow, develop their skills, prove themselves and work independently. The job will require you to take lots of responsibility, but you’ll also have tons of support.
You will be expected to independently manage a queue of work throughout your workday. The queue fills up ras patients are seen by their medical provider and each item in the queue is a patient that needs help connecting with a specialist. Sometimes this will be easy (5 minutes of work per patient) and sometimes this will be more challenging (30 minutes of work per patient). You’ll process roughly 40 referrals per day.
You’ll be fully trained on how to perform this work, the tools needed to support each of these patients, and what to do if you get stuck. However, you will be expected to take full responsibility of each day’s work and make sure that every referral gets addressed. Additionally, you’ll be expected to think creatively about ways to make the process more efficient and to make your job easier.
Here is the basic set of tasks you’ll be expected to perform each day:
- Managing the referral queue within the Electronic Health Record system of the client (currently eClinicalWorks)
- Using various health-insurance portals to get authorization to refer patients to select physicians
- Communicating electronically with the client on the status of referrals and any issues
- Documenting the status of each referral as it’s processed
- Using the internet to search for information on various specialist physicians to complete the referral
- Keeping up with a list of “preferred physicians” to use when referrals are made without guidance on where to send the patient
- Sending electronic faxes to doctors’ offices informing them of a patient that is being referred to them and including appropriate documentation and records
You’ll primarily be working independently in this role and will be given flexibility and independence if the work is being done efficiently and effectively. You’ll be expected to take responsibility for your work and be respected as the subject-matter expert on your client and how their clinic works. If the work on the account becomes too much for one person, we will be prepared to get you more help.
You'll primarily working directly with me (CEO). We’ll check in weekly to ensure your needs are being met and to discuss performance.
We have detailed processes written up for how to 80% of the work, and others need figuring out. Whenever there is a task that involves figuring something out you will be expected to study how to do it, come up with options and discuss with me (or the client) before implementing it.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Compassionate and interested in helping people – we take our responsibilities seriously in helping people on their healing journey
- Friendly with strong interpersonal skills
- Has healthcare experience and is comfortable with basic healthcare terms
- Naturally organized and proficient with detailed tasks
- Very comfortable with using a computer, basic desktop software, medical practice management and electronic medical record systems, and using basic keyboard shortcuts (copy, paste, etc.)
- Strong communicator in written and spoken English
- Available to work at least 4 hours of your working day between 8am and 5:30pm US Central Time
- Comfortable working independently and having responsibility
- Intelligent and good at figuring things out – able to think on the fly and make reasonable leaps in logic
Reticle is a US based business in the healthcare space that improves the handoffs between physicians who are caring for sick patients. We’re a fast-moving company that’s passionate about healthcare and making healthcare less broken. Currently, our business provides services to doctor’s offices looking to help their patients get scheduled with specialist physicians (cardiologists, surgeons, oncologists, etc.). This is a big problem in the US healthcare system because there are multiple platforms and no universal way of connecting patients between platforms. Because of this, many sick patients get lost in the shuffle and aren’t able to complete their care journey because of administrative barriers. This process is known in the industry as “referral management”.
How to apply
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY.
- Fill out this form to introduce yourself and show that you’re comfortable with some of the basic tasks you’ll be asked to do
- After filling in the form click Apply button here and send us a message with Referral Manager in the first line of your email
- Include a link to your CV on dropbox or another file sharing system
- Attach a screenshot of your internet speed (visit Speedtest.net)
- Attach a screenshot of your typing speed (visit TypingTest.com, 1 minute test of Text) – we’re looking for a score above 45
Looking forward to hearing from you.
CEO - Reticle