About This Role: Project Manager - Shopify Projects
We’re an established web development company with a worldwide #1 Shopify rating, looking for a superstar-in-the-making project manager to assist with project management, account management, task delegation and client communication. Day to day, you will be working on one of the world’s foremost technologies (Shopify), working with clients all over the world as part of a driven team across 3 continents. Start date: September or October 2016, depending on availability and timelines from our side. ** Important: We need a person who can overlap with *at least* 3 hours of Australian business hours, preferably in the morning (example timezone: Brisbane, GMT+10) **.
- Join highest-rated Shopify Development team on the planet. We’ve worked with over 400 companies on Shopify, including some of the biggest. Here’s what people have said about us: http://experts.shopify.com/shopifyninjas
- Work with one of the Web’s foremost ECommerce Systems. You’ll have opportunities to learn from a manager who spent 10+ years in corporate (IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, big banks), and one of the foremost Shopify development teams on the planet.
- Fun, flexible team across 3 continents. We’re all location independent entrepreneurs with wide networks you can tap into and learn from.
- In-house training opportunities to develop your professional skills, working with some of Shopify's biggest clients in a wide range of industries
- We’ll start with a month’s trial. We need a MINIMUM of 20 hours per week - you will need to be working every weekday in this role and will be required to check in to various systems every weekday at a specific time. It may become full time if things go well. This is not guaranteed from the outset, but it is what we hope to achieve: a full-time staff member down the road.
What you'll be doing
- Project management: Assigning tasks to developers, responding to customer inquiries, ensuring we meet deadlines, clarifying requirements with both clients and developers, and generally ensuring projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and to the high quality we expect from our team.
- Task management: Working with our development team to outline tasks, clearly articulate requirements, and report back to clients when task are completed or when more information is needed. We use BaseCamp so an understand of BaseCamp is a must.
- Communications: Excellent English is a requirement for this role, and even more important than that is the ability to clearly articulate requirements and feedback, using written communications, screenshots, annotations and lists. You will communicate with our development team, management team, and clients as well. (Our clients are some of the most fun, driven and passionate Shopify store owners on the planet, you will love it!)
- Maybe: Assisting with leads management and proposals.
** Important: We need a person who can overlap with *at least* 3 hours of Australian business hours, preferably in the morning (example timezone: Brisbane, GMT+10)**.
Technical Skills Required
- General knowledge of websites and how they work.
- Detailed knowledge of the internet (e.g. how Google works, how Ecommerce works, etc.). This doesn't mean you need to know how to *build* a website from scratch, but you should know in general how the web works.
- Project Management: Essential, you must have a background in project management, preferably working with developers and/or related to websites.
- Shopify: You must have at least some experience with Shopify (PM / build experience preferred, or, at least know what Shopify is and have Web PM experience with a similar system).
Soft skills required:
- Must be exceptionally detailed oriented as you will be managing everything from high-level timelines and tasks, to small changes like border widths and text updates
- Well organized: You will be managing multiple projects at once
- Communication: Must be able to clearly articulate requirements, changes, and speak with clients in a professional way You need to be able to convey and interpret requirements and ideas clearly and concisely.
Bonus Skills: MailChimp, Google Analytics, WordPress.
Don’t have *all* these skills? Don’t limit yourself. If you’re a fast learner with SHOPIFY web experience, apply anyway.
How To Apply
1. Please reply to this job ad and we will send you a link to an application form (Google Form).
2. Successful applicants will be asked to complete a mini-project to test and validate your skills.
3. From there, successful applicants will be invited to an interview via Skype.
Thank you for considering this application and we look forward to hearing from you.