Product Designer: create tools for hackers! [CLOSED]
First things first, please have a read at The Unnecessary Fragmentation of Design Jobs and keep going if it resonates with you, we might be into something!
Product designers at Security Roots are always working on different things. You may be working on polishing up an existing feature, pitching and designing something brand new, or fundamentally rethinking how we do something.
What we offer and what we are looking for:
You'll be a trusted and key member of our team, and this is (some of) what you'll end up doing on a day-to-day basis:
- You will design and craft, implement and contribute your changes working closely with the rest of our great team.
- We are a small team that creates a product that's used by 1,000s of IT Security professionals around the world every day. Your impact will be felt. You'll help us improve our product, and in doing so, will be making the lifes of all of our users better.
- You'll have a chance to rethink our basic assumptions and of exploring new concepts. Your creativity, input and direction is welcomed and appreciated.
- You'll become an expert in how IT Security (i.e. ethical hacking) teams work and how our product can help them (btw, if you know where the "Dradis" name comes from, this *may* just be the perfect job for you!).
This is a full-time position for the right candidate and it has an immediate start date. Work 100% remotely.
Ideally you've held a remote position before, or you've held a similar product designer role in a traditional organisation but now are looking to improve your work-life balance.
Comfortable communicating with others verbally and in writing. You're a doer, not a dreamer and are very results oriented.
You don't think of yourself as a "UI Designer", or a "Web Designer" or a "Front End person". You're just a well rounded individual that can bring it together. Someone that loves Getting Real.
You are organized, like to be on top of your responsibilities and don't let things slip through the cracks. You will be sure to include a quote from your favourite movie as part of your application.
Benefits of working with us
- Work anywhere – Work from anywhere, provided you have reasonable overlap with the team (roughly within European business hours).
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- No external pressures - Our users are king, we do what's best for them. We're self-funded, and don't have any investors, so we can make the right decision for our users without worrying about artificial deadlines or financial targets.
- Autonomy – You will be given a lot of freedom to do what you think is right, without needing to explain every decision.
- Meaningful work – You will take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. We won't micro-manage you. And your work will be measured by your results.
Find out more at: