PPC Ad Engineer for Marketing Technology Company in the Travel Industry [CLOSED]
Salary Type: Monthly
Facebook ads Google Adwords Conversion Optimizat... Analytics Analysis
Want to Be Part of Something Cool? We’re Hiring!
PPC Ad Engineer for Marketing Technology Company in the Travel Industry
Do you want to take the next step in your career as a PPC ads expert?
…to set your own hours and work from wherever you want?
…and get paid from the internet?
If the answer to all three is ‘yes’, then this might be the position for you!
We are offering you the opportunity we wish we’d had years ago.
You’ll be working hard, learning new skill sets, being mentored by people who care about your professional development, all while living and working in any location you choose.
While we’re looking for someone with previous commercial PPC experience, if you don’t have the background but have a strong desire to progress your career in ads engineering, we will still be considering applicants with less experience as training is available, so please do apply.
Important skills are attention to detail, use of spreadsheets and understanding of ad copy & images
To apply for the role, visit this job ad page and complete the application form.
What’s The Opportunity?
At the moment we’re looking for a part-time PPC Ads Engineer to support our team and contribute to customer campaigns.
You’ll be working 30 hours per week at a monthly rate of up to $1,850 / €1,620 / £1,420 depending on experience.
Once you’ve got to grips with how we work, you’ll help lead our strategy whilst building and optimising paid social media campaigns for travel companies around the world (we have customers on every continent apart from Antarctica).
In particular you will be:
- Working in Ads Manager to test, scale and optimise Facebook Ad campaigns to deliver visitors, leads and bookings for our customers with the lowest CPA possible
- Implementing Facebook pixels and conversion events to analyse performance
- Working with customers to set up new campaigns and assist with tracking / attribution
- Setting up targeted campaigns on Adwords and Bing using keyword research
- Creating new ad sets and custom audiences to target prospective customers
- Using Google Sheets to manage customer campaign budgets and timelines
- Researching and designing new ad creative – copywriting and sourcing images
- Researching and proposing new strategies that we can leverage to improve campaign performance
- Contributing to our SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) with the things you do and learn on the job
- Collaborating with our team, as part of our team, via Slack
What Skills and Experience Do I Need?
This is initially a part-time role, and training and step-by-step instructions will be provided. However you should already have plenty of experience running PPC campaigns, especially on Facebook, with a focus on driving conversions and delivering ROI.
However, we are ideally looking for someone who:
- Has immaculate, idiomatic written English (as you’ll be writing ad copy for our customers)
- Is driven, ambitious and highly autonomous – this is a remote role and we’ll be relying on you to show up and do the work on a daily basis, so experience freelancing or working from home is a plus
- Knows what an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) is, and has some experience using them in another organisation
- Prides themselves on attention to detail (make sure you include the phrase ‘hyper-focussed’ somewhere in your application in bold!) and being organised
- Has some professional experience running Facebook, Adwords and/or Bing Ad campaigns in an other organisation
- Has experience of keyword research in building new campaigns for companies and/or specific products
- Has a strong technical foundation. You don’t need to be able to write code, but solid skills working with Excel, WordPress, Google AdWords, Bing and other digital marketing orientated tools is a plus.
- Has a genuine interest in digital marketing – you read books and blogs on the topic and regularly listen to podcasts like Perpetual Traffic by DigitalMarketer and The Art of Paid Traffic
Why Should I Work With 10x Travel?
10x Travel is a company headquartered in London, UK that helps tour operators grow sales on autopilot.
Our product, The Get More Bookings Sales Funnel, automates much of the marketing and sales process for travel companies.
We (Max Hardy and Jay Connelly) founded the company in 2012. Since then we’ve grown to a team of 15 based all over the world.
- Get paid to learn everything about a range of sales and marketing disciplines.
- Enjoy the benefits of remote work, getting things done and learning from wherever you want (as long as you can find a reliable internet connection).
- Work with a best-in-class team and gain valuable skills with a successful, fast-growing and interesting company.
We’re serious about taking things to the next level and we need someone smart, ambitious and eager-to-learn to join our team.
Here is what some of our team members have said about working for us:
Chris Michael – Sales & Marketing Manager
“In the time I’ve been with 10x Travel, I’ve had the pleasure of working out of multiple locations across four different continents. Given my last job was in an office of 200 people, I can’t quite express how much that freedom means to me – working whilst I travel to such beautiful, scenic destinations, that before only made up two weeks of my year after I’d saved up some vacation days!
My passion for travel means the work is always interesting, and my colleagues here are awesome, which makes the day-to-day stuff really enjoyable. They’ve created a real environment for personal development, so when I’ve wanted to take a course to develop certain skills, the team have been more than happy to provide the opportunity for me to do so.”
Esmee Fitzgerald – Chief Operating Officer
“Working for 10x Travel started as a 10 hour per week role for me. Since then, the amount I’ve learned whilst being part of a growing business has been an unparalleled experience. I can’t quite put into words how much I care for our team and the future of 10x Travel.
“Living anywhere you want? Check. Work with not only co-workers, but close friends? Check. Find yourself willingly working in your spare time because of how fun it is? Check.”
What Will I Be Doing?
We’re not a Fortune 500 company, which means you won’t be just another employee in a cubicle.
As our lead PPC Engineer, you’ll be responsible for managing our ad campaigns, maximising lead generation, minimising CPAs, developing new ad types and channels plus reporting to the 10x team and our customers on our monthly results.
You’ll be expected to take control of the existing operation, work with our customer success team to optimize current campaigns and build on existing strategies and processes that have a ton of unrealized potential.
If you’re up for the task, you’ll gain yourself new skills, an impressive track record, and a remote job with a great team.
Because we’re a smaller team, you should expect to wear different hats at times as the company continues to grow.
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You’re creative and can bring in new prospects and opportunities.
We have a ton of processes in place, and our marketing machine is growing all the time, giving us more and more leads coming through our funnels. That being said, you should also bring your own unique set of skills to generate potential customers. Who knows? Maybe your unique set of skills is something we start making part of our standard procedures!
You’re a self-starter.
We’re looking for someone who gets shit done and delivers on time. Ideally you are self-directed, self-motivated, and don’t need someone to look over your shoulder or hold your hand. This is a remote position, so you’ll need to be organized enough to make sure that you’re on top of everything.
You’re cool on digital marketing.
You don’t have to already be a marketing wizard, but if the terms ‘lead magnet’ and ‘email automation’ sound foreign to you, it might be worth reconsidering if you have the foundations this position requires. You’re going to be selling marketing technology, so you’re tech-savvy. Ideally you’ve read a few books, taken a few courses, or have a fledgling side project of your own that demonstrates your skills.
We want hungry, eye-on-the-prize hustlers that are serious about changing their lives and building businesses.
This won’t be a walk in the park, but if you’re up for a challenge, this is a unique opportunity to level up your skills with a great team.
We don’t want to oversell this… it is an amazing opportunity, but we’re really looking for a good fit over anything else.
Don’t think you’re qualified? You might be surprised. Go ahead and apply – we’ll be reviewing EVERY application.
How Do I Apply?
Here is the sequence of events we’ll use to hire our ads engineer:
Step 1: Record a Youtube video, fill out the application form, and submit ASAP.
Step 2: We review the submissions, shortlist the top 10 candidates and send out an aptitude test for you to complete. Time required: approximately one hour.
Step 3: We schedule video chat interviews with the top 3 candidates to make a final decision.
Step 4: We make our hiring announcement (March 15th).
Step 5: The chosen candidate starts working at 10x Travel (April 2nd).
The absolute LATEST date for you to submit your application form is Sunday 24th February 2019 at 23:00 BST.
YouTube Video Requirements:
We will only accept submissions that include a YouTube URL. Please leave the video “unlisted” in preferences and share the link with us. The quality of the video doesn’t matter, and there are no bonus points for expert editing. We just want no more than 5-7 minutes of you explaining, based on your previous experience:
- Why is this an excellent fit for you and us?
- How will you help us to improve our sales and attract more customers?
- What separates you from the rest of the pack of applicants i.e. what makes you amazing?
- What qualities do you think it takes to be a top-tier business development representative?
To apply for the role, visit this job ad page and complete the application form.