--What do we do?--
We are an all-in-one boutique marketing consulting agency operating out of Southeast Asia with international clients. Our strength is business guidance and consulting, as well as transparency and a “can-do-all” attitude. Our clients work long-term with us due to our style of working.
--What is it like to work with us?--
1. Full/Part-Time Remote/Flexible Hours. You will be working from home in your pajamas, on your schedule. We do need you to be available a few hours during business hours though, in order to follow up with urgent tasks as they come.
2. Complete Work/Life Balance. If you’re routinely working more than 45ish hours, you’re gonna get a friendly talking-to. We want you to be operating at 100% capacity, which means that you need to rest.
3. You Can Be Yourself. You don’t have to put on a fake, professional face. You can just be yourself. You can talk smack to the Founders, and no one will think anything of it.
4. Strongly Anti-BS. Anybody in the company can (and is expected to) tell the Founders when they are wrong. There are no bureaucratic or BS rules getting in the way of getting work done.
6. Continuous Collaboration. Once you’ve demonstrated you know your stuff, we will be working in a more hands-off way but still checking on you to make sure everything goes smoothly. In fact, if you need external management to stay on-task and motivated, we probably aren’t the place for you.
7. Supportive Environment. We sometimes operate via intense stress or unreasonable top-down deadlines. Everyone wants you to be successful – internal politics are at a minimum here but still work needs to be done as we are a small agency with big clients. If you want everything to be smooth, then we are probably not a good fit.
8. No Toxic People Allowed. We try very hard to screen out mean people before they get in, but in case they slip through, we fire them quickly. Imagine never having to interact with toxic people at work - how nice would that be?
9. We’ll Invest in Your Training. We want you and everyone to get better constantly. You’ll be learning new things all the time, and are strongly encouraged to invest time every day to learn new things, improve your system/work process, and just generally try to make your life easier.
10. Standard Holidays & Extra Vacations. We 100% want you to recharge, so having plenty of time off is absolutely worth it.
--What will you actually be doing?--
Super short version:
Like everyone else in the company, you will also need to innovate regularly - which means figuring out ways to improve quality and management speed.
It is challenging, but fun work that’s going to require a lot of time and task management, problem-solving, and a reasonable amount of people skills.
--What’s the salary range?--
We would like to hear first from you, what are your salary expectations?
We can’t beat the corporates of the world, but we are very reasonable people and intend to compensate appropriately depending on the skills and experience you bring to the team.
However, there will be a 3-month probation period where we will evaluate if you are a good fit for our team culture, before pivoting to a full-time position. Starting salary will be dependent upon previous experience and probation performance. Additional benefits and perks are offered to long-term team members.
--What opportunities for advancement exist?--
This is a remote developer working for a boutique marketing consulting agency. We don't intend to pivot to a larger mid-level structure so if you like to work in a “family-type" of a team where everyone is equal and you know everything intimately, then that's for you.
If you are looking for a more structured corporate type of work, then unfortunately that's not us.
--Do I need a college degree?--
You just need to be awesome, though additional certifications can sometimes help demonstrate that to us.
--Do I need web app development experience?--
Nope, we don't develop WebApps, at least at the moment.
--Is there a team in place?--
Yes, we are 10 people and growing in the team. All working remotely. You will be primarily working with the two founders of the company. Please read more on our website to learn more about our agency.
--What languages/development frameworks do you use?--
You don't need to be an expert, but a basic understanding of processes and functions is a MUST. Additionally, cPanel and domain management (DNS, SSL, etc.) knowledge and experience will give you extra points.
--What do I need to do to apply?--
Please click the apply button and fill in the application form.
We promise to respond within 5-10 business days even if our answer is No.
There will be multiple steps in this process, FYI, including a written application, interviews with potentially a few different people, and work tests including a paid one. Hiring the right people is really hard and very expensive if we do it poorly, so we have to front-load the process. I'm sorry about that and thank you for sticking with us.
Once you’re in our pipeline though, I would anticipate giving you a final answer within a few weeks, depending on how it goes. We definitely don’t want to string you along, and as long as you do what we ask, we promise to tell you “yes” or “no”, and to not just ghost you.
Thank you for your time and interest, and I hope we can work together soon!
All-in-One High-Performance Digital Marketing & Business Development Strategies, International Consulting Agency in Southeast Asia