Operations Manager - remote work, great training opportunities, and potential for quick promotion [CLOSED]
Affiliate Marketing Project Management
I have recorded a welcome video here -> https://youtu.be/c3QSBvjkcAs
This is a role working directly for the owner of ServeNoMaster.com. Based on a small island in SouthEast Asia, we teach people around the world how to build content marketing businesses.
We have a focus on helping authors, entrepreneurs and amazing people aged 45-65 years old who are ready to change careers and start their next adventure.
Right now the business is growing so fast that we need an Operations Manager to be part of our exploding business and passionate team.
We need someone who is enthusiastic, creative, hard-working, highly organized and with great problem-solving skills to work on a variety of online marketing and management activities.
This fully remote role is a great opportunity for someone to really develop and progress their skills, and take on more responsibility as we grow.
We have lots of great things in the pipeline and you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in everything from Social Media Marketing/Advertising, Content Creation, Email Marketing, Setting Up Landing Pages, Managing Book Launches, Supporting the owner and coming up with your own online Marketing ideas.
Full support will be provided including a focused training period when you first start working with us. We have extensive onboarding and training materials and the majority of your tasks are already broken down into checklists in Trello. Each task will come with a demo video so that you can watch how it’s done before repeating yourself.
About the role
Exciting full-time marketing & hiring assistant role, with the chance to work on exciting projects, prove your value, learn new skills and make good money. All work is fully remote - so you can work from anywhere.
This position comes with initial pay of $1600-2000 per month based on qualifications and there is room for performance-based bonuses and promotions.
We have been exploding in the past few months and grown to a team of 7 full-time employees, 3 part-time employees, several project-based contract employees and a few interns. It's time to bring someone in to manage the whole team and help me stay organized.
This is suitable for someone hard-working, with leadership and online business experience.
You’ll be learning a lot. You won’t ever be comfortable just coasting along. This is a demanding role, with tons of support to help you improve your skills.
You will be expected to take responsibility for studying marketing and content creation techniques as you continue to grow into your role daily.
You will have access to dozens of top-of-the-line online training courses, the most powerful software on the planet, daily coaching from the CEO and the chance to actually do the work, leading a team of dedicated and skilled employees.
The role involves working with me (CEO), clients, business parnters and the other members of the team as required. The majority of our communication will be through short audio messages sent through Voxer and the rest of the team operations on Slack/Trello.
If you had been working for us in the last couple of weeks these are a sample of some of the tasks you would have done:
- Managing our artists, website graphic designer, and web developer as we transition our membership site to a new platform
- Negotiating with web development teams to transition our main website to a new host and design
- Planning the transition of our podcast hosting provider
- Managing the book launch team and Trello board for a client
- Re-organizing our 20+ Trello boards and nested tasks
- Organizing our multiple mailing and promotional calendars
- Finding training materials and providing them to team members as needed
- Participating in long-term strategy sessions for company growth
- Organizing our content creation, copywriting, and social media teams
- Organize and clean up our Trello boards, while streamlining our task checklists
- Find, implement and use automated tools to bring efficiencies to daily processes
- Review and streamline our customer support response platform
- Organized existings tasks for our graphics deparment (replication and organization)
- Tracked performance statistics across our campaigns.
- Managed the team that checked, double-checked and triple-checked every step of an automated funnel to make sure it’s working properly
Tasks will be set up in our project management system (Trello), and need to be ticked off in there so we can keep track of what has been done.
There will be a 3-month trial period for the role to check that we are a good match for each other (fully paid of course).
Requirements - What We Need From You
- Excellent Written English - You will be supporting our customers and writing content both for our employers, our business partners and for our website so Excellent written English skills are essential.
- High Attention to Detail - With direction, you will have significant autonomy to write and post information online to our website, social media channels and to our customers directly. You must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to accurately proof your own work.
- Experience with online content creation - You’ll be using a variety of systems including ClickFunnels, Wordpress and ConvertKit (Email Marketing) to create content for our customers so you need experience and familiarity with these or similar tools.
- Project Management Expert – You will be taking the lead with our many Trello boards and we will expect you to streamline project flows, update tasks based on communication with our team members and overall improving the flow or our entire business.
- Internet Business Experience – This is a leadership position with nearly a dozen people reporting to you and that number will be growing over the next year. An understanding of email autoresponder systems, affiliate marketing strategies and digital sales funnels is critical to managing the team. We are not looking for technical knowledge, but a clear idea of what the finished product should look like and which team members to assign to tasks.
- Comfortable Managing Large Teams – There are simply too many employees and active projects for me to manage everything on my own. You will need to keep track of what everyone is working on and adjust course as client jobs come through the door to ensure that we are working on tasks in the most profitable and efficient order. Dealing with workers located in time zones around the world is a big part of your position.
- Able to learn new software tools and systems quickly - We use a variety of systems including Trello, Voxer, Slack, Affinity Photo, Zapier, Google Analytics, ClickFunnels, WordPress, Gmail, and others so you’ll need to be willing and able to learn new systems through a variety of self-taught methods on your own time. We will provide access to high-end training courses that you can study outside of work hours.
- Intelligent, Self Motivated, Highly organised and Confident in asking questions - You’ll be working remotely with communication across a variety of channels and task management through Trello and other online tools so we need to be sure that you ask questions if you are not sure of what to do and that you can be self-motivated and able to organize multiple streams of work effectively. That being said you will be expected to try and figure out the options before asking for advice.
- Extremely organized – there are lots of different things you’ll be involved in and all need to be prioritized, managed and completed accurately, effectively and on time.
- Hard-working – we don’t mess around here. We get a lot done very quickly. You will need to as well.
- Comfortable working with time tracking software. Our team is located around the world and this is our system for accountability.
- Ideally have at least 6 months of experience with marketing systems (including any of Facebook Ads, landing pages, email marketing, etc.)
- Ideally, have experience with HR or hiring processes, sourcing and filtering candidates for roles.
Benefits / Details
- Starting at 20 hours per week with room to grow to 40 after the trial period
- $1600-2000 full-time salary per month plus performance based bonuses (more experience + qualifications = more salary/ We are willing to pay the right salary for the right candidate)
- Work directly for the CEO with constant opportunity to suggest your own ideas, make improvements and learn new skills.
- Access to high-value training materials and courses
- Chance to work with a dynamic and highly-skilled team
You will be a key hire and part of our growth and expansion plans for 2019-2020 and are critical to team growth. You will be in a position to guide our future growth and participate in future hiring.
We’ll review your work regularly including both volume and quality to ensure that expectations are being met.
You will always be supported and always able to ask questions and be a part of the company’s progression. Your success means our success so it is in our interest for you to succeed and be awesome at what you do.
We’ll expect you to be always on the lookout for ways to make the business better and to bring ideas both big and small forward regularly.
We want this to be a long term role that grows as we grow.
Ready to Apply?
1 - If you’re interested in applying then please take a moment to fully review and consider the Requirements above.
2 - Are you able to work 40 hours a week every week?
3 - Are you happy with the opportunities to be part of our company and the salary of $1600+ per month?
If yes then we’d LOVE you to apply.
How to Apply
- Apply with Operations Manager in the first line of your message
- Include a link to your CV on Dropbox or another file sharing system
- Attach a screenshot of your internet speed (visit Speedtest.net)
- Record a short video introducing yourself and explaining how you meet each of the job requirements. Then upload this video to YouTube as an unlisted video and include the link in your application. (applications who refuse to record a video will not be considered for our team)
How to Stand Out
We are looking for someone that’s really interested in the work we’re doing and the work this role will involve.
Applicants that really show that to us whether that’s using examples of work you’ve done before, or something you put together for us now, that will go a long way to impressing us.
We don’t want you to spend hours and hours on your application just find a way to show us that you really are interested in this opportunity and it’s not just the next in a long list of roles you’re applying for….even if it is!
The most important thing is an interest and passion for the work we do. A large part of our work revolves around writing and publishing books, as well as working with other authors. If this interests you, then let us know about it.
CEO & Owner,