LOOK: Remote Project/Operations Manager (opportunity for FAST career progression) [CLOSED]
TLDR: ⇒ Homegrounds.co, one of the largest home-barista websites on the internet - is looking for an experienced project/operations manager who can assist us growing from a primarily-SEO-driven content website, into a community driven brand.
We need a talented and organised project / operations manager. This will begin as a part time role for our main website - Home Grounds) and will transition to a full time position after 90 days (possibly sooner, depending on the circumstances)
This role will be 100% location independent, allowing you to live anywhere in the world! It's also a great opportunity for you to work with a fast growing media company and learn the in's and out's of the online business world along the way.
In order for us grow Home Grounds into a brand we need to improve processes and operations that are causing bottlenecks. In 2020 we will continue to publish amazing content, launch our own products and grow our email community...across multiple websites. Your work will help drive the framework that allows us to grow.
If you have experience in some type of management role, thrive on designing and executing processes, and are looking for a remote position which will allow you to grow and develop as a team leader, this is your gig!
About Home Grounds, and Tailend Media.
Homegrounds.co teaches coffee enthusiasts (let’s call them ‘home baristas’) how to source, grind, brew and enjoy good amazing coffee at home. It’s not about saving money or getting a caffeine fix; It’s about the process and ritual of brewing coffee. It's a passion and an identity. We serve this market with one simple goal: to help the home barista master the art of brewing perfect coffee at home.
We are one of the biggest content websites geared towards the home barista, and we're planning for strong growth over the next 12 months as we evolve from a content site to a community driven brand. We aim to become the biggest (online) community of home barista's world wide!
Home Grounds falls under our media company: Tailend Media. Our purpose is to bring passion and joy to the lives of our readers by publishing the best content in the space. This purpose is reflected across all of our websites - we take pride in our work.
Are you still with me? Great. Somewhere in your application please say 'i'm still with you!'. Here are more specifics about the role, and what you can expect to be doing:
- Improve our content publishing processes to ensure we are consistently hitting publish on new, amazing content (written and video content)
- Design, build and run a system to ensure our content is continuously updated and improved.
- Design and build a recruitment funnel to ensure we have a stream talent joining our team.
- Oversee employee productivity, KPI's and goal progress.
- Oversee employee SOP creation.
- Execute these processes across other websites in our portfolio (this will mean fast career promotions for the right applicant)
Must-have job requirements:
- 1+ years experience in an operational or managerial position of some type. Ideally you were a project manager of some type in a digital industry.
- You are an extremely organized individual. You'll be designing, building and managing the systems that move the business from A > B. You must be the type of person who thrives on being organized.
- Team management skills. The team will be executing on the systems and process that you design, and they will need some help sometimes. You'll be ensuring the processes you build are running smoothly.
- High levels of attention to detail. “How you do anything is how you do everything” - this is maxim we believe in. Reject average. It must pain you to see things done half-arsed.
- Ability to perform well with or without detailed directions. You'll be given the outcomes and asked to design the vehicles for reaching them. Nobody will be holding your hand or doing your work; but there will be someone to help when you really need it.
- Growth Mindset - You must be hungry to develop in this role both personally and professionally. This is non-negotiable.
Nice-to-have job requirements (not required; but welcome)
- A true coffee enthusiast
- An understanding of SEO
- Experience as a website content manager or managing editor.
Must have personality Traits
- You have a can do attitude. You view problems as challenges, rather than giving up or looking for shortcuts.
- You practice fanatical attention to detail, and you take pride in your work.
- You are growth minded - hungry to learn new skills and develop yourself
- Honesty and integrity - you're not afraid to recieve and give constructive feedback. Its how we grow.
- You are hungry for achievement.
- A competitive monthly salary (negotiable based on skills and experience)
- Work remotely and choose your own hours (#digitalnomad)
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Bi-annual performance based bonuses
- Work directly with the founder. You’ll have the opportunity to suggest your own ideas, make improvements and learn new skills.
- Ongoing learning and development budget
- Join our first company retreat on an island in Thailand, in 2020 :)
Sounds great. How do I apply?
Simply apply via Jobrack with the subject line: 'Hi, im [your first name] - your new operations manager!' and answer these questions.
- What are your career goals?
- What is your expected salary in a full time position like this?
- What is your Linkedin Profile URL?
You can include anything else that you think is relevant in your application. Thanks.