Hi, I’m Freddie Kim, founder and president of MilSpec Talent, a boutique recruiting firm for military veterans in the United States. Our business has grown 10X since last year, and we need the right teammates to the help to continue to growth!
MilSpec Talent tackles two critical objectives: to help Veterans find passion and purpose beyond the military and to open up private sector companies to what Veteran leadership can energize, strengthen, and accomplish.
We connect small to medium companies with military-trained executive candidates who lead from the front.
I’m growing my team at the moment and I’m looking for Junior Recruiter/researcher to help me find the initial talent pool of candidates!
Click this link to see the previous job we posted on jobrack and made a successful hire for! (Daniel is the best.)
The qualifications of the most suitable candidate:
- Previous experience of working as a Recruiter or Sourcer would be ideal.
- Excellent written and spoken English is needed.
- Have pleasant, personable personality to connect with candidates.
- Extremely curious and wanting to learn more about the candidates and their stories. Hear them and ask questions! We are building relationships with each one.
- Experience LinkedIn recruiter, SignalHire, or other sourcing tools highly preferred; experience with CRM or ATS systems is desired.
- Extremely organised and disciplined– you will be working on many different platforms, and communicating with many different candidates at once.
- Clear communication - we will be constantly providing feedback to each other, so you need to be ready for open and honest communication
- Proactive personality, not afraid of taking initiative and a firm believer in getting things done
- Goal oriented - your job is not to check off tasks, rather to always be looking for the bigger picture and how we can achieve more and better together
- Energetic and passionate about learning new things - we’re growing and you are growing with us! It is crucial you’re ready to learn and improve yourself
Bonus points for:
- Having experience working with another Recruiting firm in the US!
- Having experience with customer service in a B2C industry
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- We are a remote team! You have flexibility with working hours and working with co-workers who are also remote (and hired from Jobrack!)
- Competitive salary of $800-$900 per month (dependent on experience) with the opportunity to advance in the role and increase the salary further, as you prove your impact on the company’s growth
- Job security. No more wasting time around waiting for the next project to come on board. You’re part of a team and you’re with us for the long run.
- We are a small team. So we care for one another. Be prepared to get to know the other members and get get a little personal!
- You will get clear instructions and all the support you need from me to get you started.
- Be rewarded for your performance. As you progress, you will get perks and small bonuses to continue having strong, positive impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This Jr Recruiting/Researcher role has a huge impact on helping the company grow and giving an amazing service to our clients. That’s why I need someone who is extremely eager, organized, hard-working, disciplined and a real problem solver when it comes to scheduling and organizing all interactions with candidates, and making sure things are getting done.
If you are eager to learn new things, do work that has a great purpose, witness the incredible impact you will make for our clients - this company is the right place for you!
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Manage workload for regularly updated tasks and assignments as a team player
- Source, screen, and possibly interview candidates; provide recommendations to hiring teams
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to candidates who have applied, pre and post interviews
- Diligently research job requisitions and companies to understand the nuances in industry and position requirements
- Recommend edits to job descriptions to better target appropriate candidates
- Properly use our ATS/CRM platforms to update each candidate file consistently in a highly organized manner
- Work in a highly collaborative manner with recruitment team and other partners
- Handle confidential information and respond with appropriate discretion
Key Tools we use that are important for this role:
- LinkedIn Recruiter/ Sales navigator
- Spreadsheets (Excel or Google Sheets)
- Google Drive
HOW TO APPLY
- This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
- If you apply we’ll respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
- As part of the hiring process there will be the following steps:
1 - Click Apply and tell us about your experience relevant for this position - we’ll review and let you know if you’re through to the next stage
2 - Fill in the application form
3 - Paid test tasks - we’ll give you a chance to show us your skills with some short test tasks taking 1-2 hours. You’ll be paid for your time, we don’t work for free and we wouldn’t expect you to either.
3 - In depth interview - A chance for us to talk in more detail together about your future working with us.
We’re fully committed to getting a great long term team member and I look forward to hearing from you.