Architech Labs has created the best page builder on the planet, and we want your help to make it better.
On July 26th, we launched Convertri and already have over 2,500 users. We've got one of the most advanced page creators available, we're built on the world's best CDN and we deliver optimisations no other editor can.
We did all this with just a couple of developers. Imagine what we can do when you're on board too :slightly_smiling_face:
So look: we all know that software is never really finished. We need new features. We need bugs destroyed. We need problems solved.
That's where you come in. Are you up for the challenge?
Skills you absolutely must have -
The first question I'm going to ask you in the interview is to write me a function that reverses a string without using a standard library function to reverse it.
- Some basic sys admin skills. We don't expect you to know the ins and outs of every single technology involved but you mustn't freak out the moment you have to do something that isn't code.
- You need to have great communication skills. This doesn't mean perfect English - almost our whole dev team has English as a second language. But you will need to talk to lots of different people to get the answers you need. If you can't explain yourself and understand what others tell you, please don't apply.
- Team work. This isn't the kind of company where you get given a job by someone from marketing and work it all by yourself. You'll be part of a team and need to take care of everything that goes along with that including proper source control (we use Git) and updating project management (we use Jira).
Technologies we use that it'd be nice if you've worked with before -
Other skills it'd be nice if you have but we'll train you if you don't -
- Agile software development. We have our own development process that's closer to Kanban than to Scrum but we borrow heavily from both of them. If you can write user stories and understand layering, that's a big bonus.
Still with us?
Fantastic. Here's what we're giving you in return -
- A team full of smart people to work with and learn from.
- Interesting projects that will challenge your skills, not endlessly implementing the same CMS CRUD over and over.
- Freedom to get on with the job. We're not some giant company with dozens of people between you and a result. You'll be part of a small team that's trusted to get on and deliver great software.
- Flexible working hours - We have people working from all over the world so we've developed systems to cope with that. As long as you can be online for the important few conversations (like project briefs) the rest of it is down to you to schedule.
- Reasonable deadlines agreed based on what's possible, not set by someone from marketing who thought today would be a good day to flog the troops until dawn. This company's led by a developer, not a sales-monkey.
- A well organised team and code base. We have our share of chaos but we've invested a lot of time and money into getting this right. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test.
Sounds like what you're looking for? Great.
Send us details of what you can and can't do (be honest, it's important) as well as a few details about who you are as a person and we'll be in touch.
Most importantly. Start your application with the line -
"I'm not an idiot, I read the job description"