As a writer, you will have meaningful content responsibilities and will play a vital role in our content production process. You’ll be responsible for delivering perfect, accurate and well-researched copy that will engage our audience, rank well in Google and be both informative and engaging.
This position has flexible hours and lets you work from anywhere. You'll be working in a startup company of 30+ people, with many opportunities for promotion, bonuses, and advancement.
Here’s what we’re looking for...
Specific Role Experience and Competency [Importance 70%]
Writing [Importance 40%]
- Ability to write up to four 2000+ word articles a week
- Refine and update existing content pieces to reflect accurate product information, including
- pricing, promotions, retail partnerships, etc.
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with our editorial team and digital marketing partners. Make recommendations on how to implement it.
- Source images, charts, graphs and infographics to supplement content pieces.
- 1-3+ Years of proven dexterity with written language: You can translate ideas and complex research into attractive, precise copy that engages and informs your audience.
- Ability to use tools such as SurferSEO
- Ideal candidates are looking for a long-term career and are eager for promotion to content management and strategic roles.
- Experience working with niche websites and product review content.
- Experience with tools such as ClickUp, WordPress, SurferSEO, Google Docs, Slack, and willingness to learn new tools
- Available 35+ hours a week
SEO [Importance 15%]
- Ability to use tools such as SurferSEO to optimize your article content
- Able to adhere to the SEO standards while creating your content
- Desire to continuously learn and grow your current SEO knowledge
Research [Importance 15%]
- Ability to research a topic and pull relevant content ideas for the keyword topic
- Strong ability to research factual information with the most relevant and reliable sources for content
- Ability to research competitors and gain inspirations without plagiarizing
Core Competency and Personality Traits [Importance 30%]
- Great with Feedback
- Able to give clear and actionable feedback to team
- Receive real, constructive feedback to learn our standards and revise your work accordingly.
Role Model Behaviour
- Proactive and able to contribute new ideas
- Reliable, available and trustworthy
- Honest and comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
- Own mistakes, communicate risks with possible solutions
- Helpful. We all help each other and try to make each other the best
- Great ‘can do’ energy to motivate yourself and your team
- Great with file management
- Organised and methodical
- Can manage your work, life balance
- Love your job. We’ll do what we can to help you and each other
- Genuinely enjoys working and learning about SEO
- Interested in relevant fields and/or current affairs
- Proficient in English written and verbal
- Active communicator. Comfortable communicating via email, video call, audio calls, slack, etc
High Attention to Detail
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to follow procedures and ensure reporting is done correctly
- Ability to review materials and ensure all correct corresponding information is there at all times
- Flexible work schedule
- 8000+ words per week for qualified writers
- High pay for qualified writers
- Long term career opportunities for advancement to editor, manager, etc.
- Choose your hours and work remotely
- Collaborate with a team of writers and editors to improve content quality and come up with your own ideas for new content
- Remote work environment
- Create impactful content read by millions of people