Full-time accountant / bookkeeper [CLOSED]
Here are some specifics of the role
You will have a daily list of client bookkeeping work to complete. As your experience grows you will have more direct contact with clients and will take on more responsibility.
Bookkeeping Service Delivery
- Using Xero (cloud accounting software) exclusively, except for looking up information in a client’s old accounting system.
- Use Xero add-ons and integrations like Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, Stripe and Paypal.
- Responding to client queries via our online email helpdesk software Helpscout.
- Communicating with other staff via Slack.
- You write well: concise, understandable, helpful, professional, and fast. You can build rapport with others solely through your writing.
- You have good knowledge of VAT
- Ideally, you have previously worked for a bookkeeping/accounting firm
- You have good attention to detail, so you will write in your application the number of dot-points in this list.
Your skills and experience
- Have worked in a professional services accounting / bookkeeping firm for 5+ years.
- Have an Accounting (or similar) degree and ideally be CPA / Chartered Accountant qualified.
- Be familiar with bookkeeping processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processes.
- Have experience reconciling balance sheet accounts and preparing management accounts.
- Have excellent English communication skills. This is key!
- You’re self-motivated and ideally have previous experience working remotely and/or with little direct supervision.
- You have a good internet connection.
- You know how to keep your computer and work secure and private.
- You know the joys of using two monitors (or splitting a big monitor) to do bookkeeping work.