Copy Chief is hiring a Customer Service Representative
About Copy Chief
Copy Chief is a training center and community for freelancers and business owners looking to improve their marketing or business skills.
It’s the longest running and most respected marketing community where business owners and copywriters come together to...
- Learn how to write high-converting copy for clients or their own business
- Get unlimited copy critiques and feedback on their marketing campaigns
- Access actionable trainings backed by real, market-tested results (never convenient theory)
- Find high-level clients and freelancers in our active Job Boards
Our motto is “Nobody Writes Alone” because we watch each other’s back with honest and instructive copy critiques, Masterclass-level trainings, and searchable framework templates to help you stay on track and pump out copy fast.
While our members are the backbone of what truly makes Copy Chief great, our Community culture and content is led by founder and marketing visionary Kevin Rogers.
Kevin started Copy Chief in 2014 so high-level copywriters and marketers could have a private place online (away from the clutter of social media) to share our well-guarded secrets on what works best (and what failed worst), so we could all do better work.
Since then we’ve opened our doors to members of all levels, from true legends of the industry to eager new converts to the craft looking to score their first client win.
Now Copy Chief is supported by a small, yet passionate team based all over the world.
We value resourcefulness, leadership, personal accountability, and passion for what you do – and of course – the desire to have a ton of fun while doing it.
We’re dedicated to giving our team members everything they need to grow into the best possible version of themselves and do their best work – and we love to celebrate our wins along the way.
We’re proud to say that the name Copy Chief has become synonymous with quality and integrity in copywriting across the industry. This is where the top direct response marketers and business owners come to meet and hire their copywriters.
Everything we share is based on results, everyone treats each other with respect, and everyone invests in their membership so they can get the most return from it.
Learn more at CopyChief.com/Join
We are looking for someone to “own” all the communication and management of our customers.
This person will respond to customer service tickets themselves, and often direct tickets to the right team member.
We estimate this role will require 20-25 hours per week.
The role is remote, but you must be able to work and be available during business hours in a US EST time zone, and be able to speak and write in fluent English.
We will provide SOPs and training, but we’re looking for someone who can perform critical thinking tasks as necessary – and then ask for help if they get stuck.
The ideal person will have an extremely high attention to detail, be polite, friendly, and professional in their communication, work well individually and within a team, and possess strong problem solving skills.
Here are a few things that would make you a great candidate for this role:
- You have customer service experience
- You have great written English communication skills
- You’re professional and polite in your communication, and can represent the company as such (even if “Angry Tuesday Lady” really DOES deserve to hear what you’re really thinking)
- You can handle confidential information with care
- You can work during business hours in Eastern US timezone
- You’re not afraid to speak up if you think timelines or expectations are unrealistic
- You’re comfortable proposing a change when you think something can be done more effectively or efficiently
- You’re hard-working – we enjoy what we do and have fun doing it. We also get a lot done very quickly and will need you to as well.
- You’re comfortable working with time tracking software. Our team is located around the world and this is our system for accountability.
- You have reliable (and fast) internet connection
- You’re looking for a great company you can go “all in” with and work with long-term
- You pride yourself on always doing your best work, and have a high attention to detail
- Defending deadlines and helping things keep to “the schedule” puts you in your happy place
- You’re self-directed, self-motivated and can Google your way to most answers you don’t know (and are willing to ask for specific help when you need it)
- You’re tech savvy and know how to use the basic tech needed to operate an online biz
- Google docs, Gdrive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Zoom, etc.
- Bonus if you’ve got experience with project management software (like basecamp, asana, or click-up) – but not a deal breaker if you need some training here.
- Proofreading and double checking your work gives you the warm fuzzies
- And most importantly – you’re chill and easy to work with! (We do like to have fun while we take over the world)
- 20-25 hours /week
- 30-60 day (fully paid) trial period to make sure we’re a good fit
- Access to high-value training materials and courses
- Chance to work with a dynamic and highly-skilled team as you grow into a leadership position
Scope and Responsibilities
- Answering customer service inquiries, organizing them by priority, and assigning tickets as necessary
- Ensure support tickets are answered in a timely manager
- Follow Up with any support tickets that are pending from days previous
- Identify a conversation that requires a sales team member and move the conversation to them
- Respond to social media messages and notifications
- Create saved responses & knowledge-base articles based on customer service conversations
- Take the saved responses we have and create a documentation system that we can use with all support reps
- Help us create and continually improve templates for responses
- Help us continually update our customer service and community management SOPs so we can train additional team members for support
- Provide great customer service and value to our customers in a friendly and professional way
- Learning the right time to “break the script” that we created together so we can create moments where customers are blown away by 1) response time 2) going out of our way to make someone happy
- Help maintain our HelpDesk customer service platform
- Manage tags, automations, etc.
- Escalate tickets to other departments when necessary
- Help us identify areas where we can engage in conversation with customers and leads
- Manage reporting of customer service activities to the rest of the team
To apply, click the Apply button to complete the application form.