Entry Level - Full stack Ruby On Rails (+ Angular) developer
Salary Type: Monthly
Angular 2.x Ruby-on-Rails
You can take ownership, and demonstrate a strong biased toward action?
Want a stable long term position where you can grow and participate in the success of the company?
QuickMail.io, our solution, is a web application (SaaS) for sending business-to-business (b2b) cold emails used by small and medium businesses all over the world to reach out to potential clients and grow their business.
Our current stack:
– Backend: Ruby on Rails 6, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 4
– Frontend: Angular 9 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
– Communication layer: GraphQL & Apollo
– Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
– Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Route
Your main initial responsibility:
– Increase our code coverage by writing RSpec unit test for the backend, making sure no bug escapes to our users despite numerous refactoring.
– Suggest improvements in code you are unit-testing and promote good practices.
– Fix frontend bugs to get familiar with the source code.
The role is an entry position at QuickMail and will evolve into more complex responsibilities based on your ability to write good, clear and maintainable code.
Please note that although this position is remote, we require at least a 4 hour crossover with Europe central time (9am - 5pm workday).
What you’ll need:
– A truly deep love for your craft as a developer, a positive attitude, and a high dose of self-motivation.
– Great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
– Proven understanding and concrete experience with Rails (personal or professional)
– Experience with Angular & RxJS a plus.
– Able to follow instructions by entering koala as your favorite animal.
– Good command of Git (pull request, rebase…)
What we offer:
– 4 weeks paid vacation per year.
– 1 team retreat per year somewhere in the world (disrupted by Covid this year, unfortunately)
– You'll join a No-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback and caring for getting things done.
– You'll learn about the business side and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management.
– Solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, velocity and retrospectives.
You'll thrive if you share our core values: http://quickmail.io/values
If this sounds like somewhere you can do your best work, click Apply to complete the form!