We’re looking to build a long-term relationship with someone who has a balance of editorial strategy knowledge, SEO experience, copywriting experience, and passion for making excellent content!
You’ll be editing, proofreading and optimizing articles across our growing portfolio of blogs.
Our blogs are independent publications—educational, authoritative, and trustworthy spaces that serve as both an educational hub and online community for professionals in various fields.
You, along with the digital media publishing team at Black & White Zebra, will bring your editorial, SEO, and writing skills to help uplift our content as it’s developed, with the end goal of making awesome content that helps people succeed in their work.
You’re a great fit if you...
- Think like an editor — You like digging for topics and angles, and even when you’re in the weeds, you’re keeping your eye trained on the strategy behind each piece of content.
- Have the drive to maintain high standards of quality — We care deeply about our audiences and want to publish best-in-class content that they will absolutely love. You will be responsible for putting on the finishing touches, fact-checking, and making improvements to make the content amazing.
- Have an eye for detail — Beyond checking grammar and heading structure, you’re also alert for details that others might miss (weird link, citation without a source, a list that should really be turned into bullets, keyword stuffing, a meta description that could be improved). You catch things that other people don’t!
- Copywriting and editing: 2 years
- On-page SEO and SEO writing: 2 years
- Intermediate WordPress skills (1 year experience)
- Grin-worthy English writing skills
- Command over voice and tone, with the ability to adapt
- The ability to breathe life and inject humour into traditionally dry topics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Solid understanding of content KPIs
- This is a remote, full-time contractor position
- Working in tandem with a multi-disciplinary, friendly team experienced in content production, digital marketing, community building, and SEO
- Being immersed in an experimental creative atmosphere at a growing company
- Flexible workload
- Flexible schedule
- No weekends
- Ongoing & long term work
How To Apply
Please click apply and complete the application form.
(it will ask for your LinkedIn URL and present a few questions 2 quick skill tests—plan to settle in and take at least 10 minutes to complete your application)