★ Digital Content Specialist [with a Knack for Graphic Design] ★
Email Marketing SEO Content Marketing
Let’s start this job description with a question…
What does a Digital Content Specialist do?
“It takes writing, editing and storytelling skills—and an ability to embrace change—to get ahead in this emerging role” – Source: MediaBistro.com
With that out of the way…
We are looking for a full-time Digital Content Specialist (location-independent)
Being a location-independent full-time position is one of the many benefits – you’ll be free to work anywhere in the world that serves your creativity best, be it the beaches in Thailand or the snowy Swiss Alps (if Covid permits, that is).
When we discussed this role with the team, we came to the conclusion that this role is basically a mix between a content marketing and a copywriting role.
For the copywriting part of the job, we are looking for compelling content to describe the icon sets and other design products that we sell on our website and other marketplaces.
For the content marketing side of things, we would like to reach potential customers by creating amazing content that will hopefully turn them into first-time buyers and, even better, life-long fans.
- The position is fulltime (40 hours p/w) but we’re flexible with working times. Not a morning person? You can start later. Early riser? No problem, you’ll be done earlier in the day
- Lots of opportunities to learn different skills. If you’re proactive and want to learn something, you’ll get access to great course material and you can tap into the knowledge of the other team members. If you are interested in SEO & Online Marketing: I (the founder), have 10 years of experience as an SEO and Online Marketeer and can you teach you everything I've learned over the years
- Work with a team of easy-going and friendly people who are always happy to help you. No corporate culture (if you didn’t already get that from this job description…)!
- Interesting career possibilities. One example of a career opportunity would be to operate and lead one of our design sites from A to Z. But that's just an example, it depends on you and your wishes
- Competitive salary and holidays
- Work from home (or from a co-work space or café, if that’s your thing)
A few sample tasks for a Digital Content Specialist at Flat-icons.com to give you an idea of what’s required
- Creating a content calendar for the blog on Flat-icons.com. This shouldn’t be your regular random ‘corporate blog topics’, but each article should have a clear goal and requires research
- Taking care of a round up post from A to Z (example). This means brainstorming a topic, deciding on the experts, contacting & interviewing them, writing of the actual article and at last, promoting it
- Writing a compelling description for a new bundle deal we’re launching
- Planning an email marketing strategy and executing it
- Helping with content for our other design products (besides icons, we design presentation templates, 3D illustrations and fonts)
Apply if this sounds like you:
- A knack for design
- High level of English (especially written)
- Nice to have: (Basic) knowledge of SEO
- Proactive and decisive attitude
- Experience with WordPress is not a must but would be great
How to apply
In your application:
➡ Describe your past work experience
➡ Tell us why you are the right person for the job
➡ Mention your salary expectations
➡ If you are selected for an interview, we’ll be in touch to coordinate an interview with you via Skype. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Flat-icons.com is a fast-growing graphic design company with 25 talented designers on board and 7 (equally talented!) people to support the designers. Besides Flat-icons.com, we run multiple other design sites like Graphue.com.