WHY YOU'LL WANT THIS POSITION:
- Exciting, fast growing company.
- Fun work environment.
- Small, close team.
- Feel empowered, make decisions.
- Long term position.
- We’ll invest in your education.
- Learn new skills.
- Live up to your potential.
- Grow with the company.
- Earn new responsibilities
- Variety of tasks & projects to work on.
We are a young, ambitious, and small (but growing!) company that’s making a big impact in ecommerce.
Founded in Toronto, Canada, since 2015 we’ve been obsessed with building awesome consumer products and brands that people love and believe in. We have two main brands that we’re looking to grow: (1) our coffee ecom brand and (2) our ecom consulting & coaching program. Why two different brands? Well after successfully launching 2x crowdfunding campaigns with $1.4M raised, we’re continuing to scale our ecom sales channels for our coffee products, but we’ve had increasing demand from fellow entrepreneurs to learn our secrets for launching 6-figure campaigns! So we’re looking to scale both of these channels because we’re passionate about both!
We hire people who are smart, ambitious, and have a strong desire to learn and grow. Our culture is collaborative, friendly and flexible. If you’d like to join us on our journey and grow together with us, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a superstar Copywriter & Marketing Coordinator who will join our team and make a huge impact.
First and foremost, you are someone who is amazing at writing captivating copy and content in any format. You’re also someone who is interested in marketing strategy and learning the in’s and out’s of an e-commerce company as you’ll be supporting and executing ad hoc projects in different areas of our business outside of your standard copywriting work. This role is 100% remote, so you can work from anywhere.
Our culture is collaborative, friendly and open. We hire people who are smart, ambitious, and have a strong desire to learn and grow.
We’re not just looking for someone who can support our team, we’re looking for someone to lead.
Sounds like you? If yes, this is an exciting long-term opportunity for you.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Research, write, and edit engaging long and short-form content for all initiatives including emails, sales copy, landing pages, digital ads, social media, blogs, and case studies
- Write clever, compelling, expert copy consistent with our brand voice
- Stay informed about the state of the industry, maintaining awareness of competitors’ offerings and marketing efforts.
- Build relationships and coordinate projects and marketing initiatives with with key influencers for collaboration to expand audience reach
- Support ad hoc projects and tasks related to growing our Shopify and Amazon sales channels (such as customer service, website updates, etc…)
- Be a fun team player that contributes to our culture!
ABOUT YOU / IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our culture is transparent; feel comfortable to ask if something isn’t clear and express your difference of opinion. Learning and growth is very important for our team (both personally and professionally). We work hard and we have fun.
Our ideal candidate:
- Positive attitude - Be friendly, fun, and bring empathy to our customers and team members.
- Problem solver and detective - able to think through problems, research solutions, and propose resolutions–to take initiative and not need to be told what to do next.
- Proactive action - if you’re given a task, a customer needs help, or you need information to finish your work; you’ll actively follow up until the task is complete–not wait or stop after the first step.
- Super detail oriented - Nothing slips past you. You’ll double check emails and review your tasks to make sure that everything is done correctly.
- Assertive and willing to speak up - you feel comfortable asking for help, bringing up concerns, and proposing new ideas. If you disagree, tell us and explain why.
- Growth and learner mindset - you have a strong desire to learn and grow
- Comfortable with constructive criticism - We’re always looking to improve. If we notice that you can improve at something, we’ll talk to you about it. We’ll be respectful, but direct and quick. Do not apply if you’re not comfortable with constructive criticism.
MUST HAVE SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years of experience in copywriting and writing content for sales copy, emails, blogs, and social media platforms
- Highly creative thinker with a marketing mindset
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously to deliver projects on schedule
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in english (written and verbal)
- The ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely
- Good organizational and time management skills
OPTIONAL BUT A BIG PLUS:
- Experience with Shopify, Wordpress, Amazon
- Customer service experience and conflict resolution
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud graphic design software, such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience creating Facebook ads and assets
- Familiar with SEO standards and general best practices
- Experience with creating and executing social media and content strategies
HOW TO APPLY:
If this description seems like it’s too much or too intimidating for you, this position is probably not for you. However, if you’re still here reading and believe you are a good fit, we’d love to meet you.
Monthly salary starts from $700 - $1000 based on your skills and level of relevant experience. We’re looking to hire a team member who will grow with our company long term. As our company grows, there will be an opportunity to work full-time with us.
To apply, please follow the steps below:
- Start your application with: "I’m (insert your name) from (insert your city/ town). Then write a short paragraph about why you think you’ll be a good fit for this position.
- Provide a link your CV
- Provide your top two written content pieces that you think best showcase your skills as a writer for this position.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.