Content Strategist & Writer
Content Marketing Creative Writing Ghost Writing Technical Writing
- Develop content concepts to increase traffic, engagement, subscriptions and sales.
- Partner with other writers within the organization to leverage, share ideas, and make recommendations.
- Use data and audience insights to determine the biggest problems to solve and develop content solutions to fix them.
- Innovate, share and explore creative new ideas on how to improve the content experience.
- Validate your deliverables by performing content reviews, observing usability testing and responding to customer feedback
Content Creation (NB - this is the primary aspect of the role)
- Write interesting, thought-provoking articles, that convert.
- Write clear and engaging content with an understanding of customer needs, content goals, and iterate until those goals are met.
- Lead the content development process, drive decisions, create schedules, and track issues.
- Partner with software product owners to understand their customer experience.
- Load all content into WordPress.
- Write A/B tests for headlines.
- Optimize content for SEO.
- Spread the word, keeping social channels updated, and writing weekly emails and monthly-round up emails.
- Engage in conversations with our audience through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack and Instagram
- Experience in content creation and copywriting - demonstrable writing experience is required
- Excellent in writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and have a collaborative spirit
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and project management skills.
- Able to work at a quick pace with autonomy and flexibility
- Sees (and seeks) opportunities for improvement, and acts on them
- Team player – willing and able to pitch in whenever and wherever needed, “can-do” attitude
- Excited about all things digital
- Thrives in an ever-changing environment
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in communications, creative writing, advertising or English.
- Blogging/SEO/SEM skills and experience a plus.
What to expect:
- Competitive base salary (based on experience)
- Flexible work environment and hours
How To Apply:
- Up for the challenge? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter (as one PDF) to jobs @ blackandwhitezebra.com with "Content Strategist" in the subject line. Please also include samples of your work, either URLs or sample documents, along with links to your two favourite websites with your resume and cover letter package