About the company
Who we are and what we do:
- Dragonfruit Media is an agency that helps some of the biggest businesses and creators maximize engagement, revenue, and impact on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram. We want to leverage the power of human storytelling to amplify marginalized voices, teach valuable insights, and tackle systemic problems. Some of the folks our team has worked with include Mr Beast, Ali Abdaal, Y Combinator, Linktree, ClickUp, and Ryan Deiss.
About the role
Content Strategists at Dragonfruit Media are the creative masterminds behind client accounts getting hundreds of millions of views per month. They thrive in the paradoxical intersection of data and creativity. They work cross-functionally with leadership, account managers, video editors, script writers, and thumbnail designers to make remarkable content.
- Conduct YouTube channel and video research to inform strategy & ideation
- Cross-reference video performance on Instagram & TikTok
- Ideate video concepts that are likely to go viral and drive conversions
- Conduct trend analysis and competitor research
- Keep the delivery team informed on current client strategy
- Give feedback to editors on video drafts to optimize for retention and engagement
- Give feedback to writers on hooks and short-form scripts
- Analyze data in YouTube Studio such as retention graphs, month-over-month channel performance, view velocity etc.
- Analyze data in Sprout Social such as impressions, engagement, and audience demographics
- Attend client meetings to report on channel vision and video performance
Why this job is important:
- We're scaling much faster than we anticipated this quarter so we need exceptional people to help keep the 🚀 FLYING! We're bringing on a content strategist to make sure our video ideation and client strategy is 🔥, and bring a ton of REALLY good YouTube videos to life.
6 Month Objectives (In 6 months you will have):
- Developed an original YouTube content strategy for new incoming clients, including content buckets, video concepts, effective hooks, and competitor analysis
- Learned how to strategize for and manage time and resources across multiple different accounts independently
- Completed full feedback cycle for at least 60-100 short-form videos (post-publication retention analysis, providing feedback to editors and scriptwriters, revising content plan for client based on data)
- Researched and understood the comprehensive landscape of the top edutainment channels on YouTube
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience in social media analytics, the larger the audience you’ve built the better
- You have a working knowledge and comfort, if not a somewhat strange LOVE for data and analytics
- You have some form of video experience and know the fundamentals of an engaging video
- You have specific expertise in YouTube shorts, and preferably some knowledge of Instagram Reels or TikTok
- You love marketing strategy (bonus if it’s specifically video-based strategy)! You’ll be crafting a unique strategy per client based on their business and YT channel goals
- Able to work independently, adhere to deadlines, and prioritize in the midst of multiple demands
- You are curious; if a particular video does well for a client, you can’t wait to dive in and analyze exactly why
- Agency or content marketing industry experience (OR BOTH) is a major plus!
- Tech-savvy and a quick learner with software (we need more slack GIFS!!!)
What's in it for you?
What you'll learn:
- Brand vision: Many of our clients have massive businesses and scaled paid acquisition but are earlier in their journey building organic audiences. You’ll be a crucial stakeholder in helping with this direction.
- Short-form virality: We’re been at the bleeding edge of long-form content and are continually developing competencies for short-form - you’ll be learning with us as we take advantage of the latest strategies and trends in the space
- Data driven creativity: We leverage the scientific method with all of our organic pursuits. We aspire to work with people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty with the numbers
- Random things all the time! Hope you’re a curious mind :) - We've worked on everything from Kendrick Lamar's note-taking process to parenting advice to uncovering a multibillion-dollar cryptocurrency scandal.
Who you'll work with:
- We're a small team that prioritizes fun, autonomy, and memes… no cap.
- We love to balance team meetings with OKR reviews and screaming bloody murder at each other in Among Us. So don't be suss.
Where you'll do it:
- Anywhere in the world! Sit on the beaches of Maui or the mountains of Tibet.
- If you ARE in LA or Austin, we might be able to co-work!
- Work from anywhere (we're 100% remote)
- $125/quarter reimbursable health/mental health stipend
- Generous leave policy and public holidays based on your location!
- Educational reimbursement stipends (courses/webinars)
How to apply?
Click on the application form link to apply! We are looking forward to your application!