For this role, we are looking for an editor who can also help our writers improve over time and across clients in structure, tone, style, and on-page SEO. As much teacher as teammate, this person will review every piece of content — from an early outline to a nearly final draft — and use each review as an opportunity to encourage the writer and drive their continued growth in the craft.
This role reports to our Founder & Head of SEO, and may also work closely with one or more content strategists.
You're a fit for the Content Marketing Manager role if:
- You have a proven track record of successful writing and editing long-form content, ideally for Marketplaces, B2B, SaaS, or tech blog posts, guides, and/or ebooks
- You have experience teaching, coaching, or mentoring writers or non-writers
- You can communicate why changes should be made, not simply fix errors or improve writing
- You can patiently explain writing concepts from multiple perspectives, multiple times
- You're organised, independently motivated, wants to grow as an editor, and loves coaching writers
- You know how to balance feedback with encouragement
- You're willing to help us create and improve existing processes and systems
This role's responsibilities include:
- Educating our writers around good content in form, structure and technical aspects in drafts, in live training sessions, and with other editors
- Write compelling long form content (when required)
- Providing support and constructive feedback to writers to help them improve their craft in drafts and one-on-one
- Improving existing editing processes
This role requires:
- A demonstrated ability to understand content marketing strategies and edit individual pieces to align appropriately
- A desire to help writers improve their craft and elevate content to the highest quality
- Familiarity with email marketing, social media, and popular blogging platforms, and the different writing and stylistic requirements of each
- Strong interest in Marketplaces, B2B, SaaS, and/or technology and a thorough knowledge of the top content and thought leadership in these fields
- A desire to work at least four hours a day in AEST Time Zone
To apply, please reach out to mike @ portal.ventures with the subject "Content Marketing Manager Role" and include at least 3 pieces of content for our team to review.