We are seeking an experienced Content Editor available 30+ hours a week with excellent editorial, reading, writing, and organizational skills to be part of our growing team.
This position has flexible hours (within a GMT timezone) and allows you work from anywhere. You will be working directly with the CEO in a growing content company of 10+ people, with many opportunities for promotion, learning, and advancement.
You will also work alongside writers and the senior manager who will work with you on a daily/weekly basis
Editing Web Content and Articles
- Ensure articles follow our style guidelines and are well-written, accurate and provide great answers using provided SEO keywords.
- Creating article briefs - this requires researching the topic well and in-depth and ensuring all areas of the topic are covered.
- Editing at least 25,000 words a week.
- Rewriting/improving content where necessary to ensure articles adhere to our guidelines.
- Ensuring all articles have no spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors.
- Ensuring the written and visual content of the article is engaging.
- Giving writers constructive feedback to help them improve
What you’ll need
- High English proficiency
- 1-3+ years of proven experience writing or editing
- Ability to translate ideas and complex research into interesting content that engages and informs audiences.
- Strong at researching/fact-checking the most relevant and reliable sources for content.
- Ability to work both independently and within a small team
- Ability to give clear and actionable feedback to team.
- Ability to learn and understand the process of article creation from start to publication
- A desire to create excellent pieces of content
- [Desirable] Experience in affiliate content
- [Desirable] Bachelor's degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
Article SEO and Affiliate Marketing
- Checking/supporting writers to ensure content adheres to SEO best practices
- Ensuring content is in line with our advertising partner’s affiliate guidelines
Research and Fact-Checking
- Ensuring facts about our content (prices, website features, etc.) are correct
- Ensuring there is no plagiarism within articles
Team Management & Organisation
- Receive real, constructive feedback to learn our standards and revise work accordingly
- Give actionable feedback and coaching to writers on creating best-in-class content and adherence to guidelines
- Assist Senior editors to continually improve documentation, training, and processes