About the company
About Generation Success:
At Generation Success, we are first and foremost an international team on a mission to create a world where your career is not determined by your birth.
Our company ethos is Ubuntu which means "I am who I am because of who we all are". Meaning that we work collaboratively, we learn, we make mistakes and we win together on our journey to achieve our organisational mission. Our team is spread out across the UK, EU, Asia and Africa. Everyone is treated equally and is expected to own their role and add value where possible.
If you are looking to join a growing company with long-term prospects and growth potential, then apply today and be part of the GS family.
What we do:
We deliver mentoring, workshops and recruitment services to young people from disadvantaged and minority backgrounds to enable them to get into their desired jobs / careers. Some of our stats
- Placing almost 150 young people in roles in 2021
- Supporting 10,000 people
- Creating over 2,500 mentoring relationships
What we look for is hunger, desire and adaptability. So if you feel that you are capable to empower our mission then we welcome your application
About the role
Do you want to join a company that is changing the world?
We are seeking an energetic Community Manager to help us build relationships with equality champions and success seekers and expand our reach to those most in need, create a strong and united community. You will be responsible for leading our stakeholder engagement and relationship management with universities, youth community groups and local stakeholders. You will also collaborate with the Marketing team to create engaging content that supports your outreach efforts.
Note: Only full-time applicants will be accepted as the role is not applicable for freelancers & third-party agents
Working hours: 9am - 5pm UK time [Weekdays only]
Purpose of the Job
The Community & Experience Manager is primarily responsible for inspiring our community of Success Seekers & Equality Champions, providing support, and moderating & creating community content
- Manage the success seekers & equality champion experience including onboarding, learning and development, growth, recognition programs and overall support
- Facilitate discussions & moderate conversations between members in our social groups
- Review and respond to community comments, posts & messages in a quick and timely manner
- Provide ongoing engaging relevant content for the community including blog pieces, social media posts, videos, articles, and newsletters
- Encourage promotion of GS Tribe Success network and GS Equality Champions
- Help organize virtual community events to boost awareness and engagement
- Build strong relationships with Success Seekers and other stakeholders to align community efforts and facilitate networking and collaboration
- Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of community strategy
- Manage & develop Tribe Success & Equality Champions brand awareness and loyalty
You will also be responsible for managing our ambassadors and leading on our stakeholder engagement and relationship management with Universities, community groups and local stakeholders
- Act as relationship manager, helping us build relationships and target different communities to attract to Generation Success events / initiatives
- Responsible for creating our ambassador network and streamlining process
- Build relationships with existing and new universities & community groups
Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Managing our entire online community experience
- Ability to keep our community network continuously engaged
- Finding new ways to expand our reach and build trusted relationships
- Efficient running of our ambassador network
- Engagement with social media community
- Community project management and delivery
- Passion for building a supportive and inspiring community.
- Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Committed to the values and vision of Generation Success in respect to the campaign for social mobility in equality, career development and opportunity.
- Any previous experience in communications, project management, or any other relevant role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, being able to work and engage with people from a range of backgrounds and with varied personal experiences. Able to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences
- Good writing skills, with an ability to adjust tone and content appropriately for different target audiences
- Ability to think creatively with a ‘forward-thinking’ mindset, offering new ideas, concepts and solutions.
- Strong personal integrity and accountability, being able to set and meet personal deadlines and keep promises to colleagues
- Understanding of the issues facing marginalised youth in accessing job markets, and of development and social issues regarding BAME communities
What's in it for you?
What do you get?
- 28 days annual leave
- Unique personal and professional development opportunities that will set you apart from your peers including:
- Career Coaching Programme
- External one to one mentors who work within your role and area of interest
- World-class training from the best in the business
- A supportive, inclusive culture underpinned by our values and Ubuntu philosophy (meaning ‘I am because we are’)
- Access to all Generation Success events, led by senior leaders and industry professionals
How to apply?
Send your CV along with your application and let us know why you're best suited for this role.