We are a mid-market LSP in growth mode. We have been in business for over eighty years and provide fast, accurate, confidential translations to highly-regulated industries such as hospitals/healthcare, legal, and life sciences. Headquartered in the US, we also have offices in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia-Pacific regions.
About the Position:
The Business Development Director plays a critical role in contributing to the health of the company through the growth of existing business and generation of new business using a customer-centric sales and account management methodology. The ideal candidate has experience selling language services and solutions into enterprise level accounts in at least one of our core industries, solid business judgment with a track record of increasing revenue through enterprise level business development and solution selling coupled with strong sales team management capabilities.
This role will be directly responsible for named large accounts as well as manage a direct sales team and account management team to grow both new business and existing business.
- Responsible for growing wallet share in existing client base, closing of new business and up-selling within the current client accounts either directly or through an account management and sales team that reports to you.
- Building contacts and maintaining relationships within organizations in our target industries, developing and fostering long-lasting client relationships.
- Develop strong, healthy pipelines for business expansion.
- Remote position, no restrictions to geography, and you may sell to any targets where you have contacts.
- The ability to effectively communicate in writing and presentations the underlying value proposition and service offerings to existing clients and new client targets.
- Responsibility for account contracts. .
- You must be an effective hunter, farmer and able to train, coach and manage both Account Management and Direct Sales teams.
- Target expectations year 1 = $200k (personal) and $500k (team)
- A proven track record of lead generation and closure at the enterprise level in the localization/translation industry
- Knowledge and contacts in at least one of our primary verticals (hospitals/healthcare, life sciences, legal)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make a persuasive presentation in order to present and sell into our prospects and clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the localization sales cycle and how to map organizations in regard to business units, stakeholders, sponsors, and decision makers, define need and position services and solutions accordingly
- Tenacious, driven, with a sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly
- People person with a positive, dynamic, enthusiastic personality
- Excellent networking and presentation skills
- In both written and verbal communication, excellent English and ability to articulate the strategic rationale and logical flow when communicating
- Ability to work remotely with an appropriate home office and equipment
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere, but you must be available to work 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. US CST hours. Some travel may be required to client sites or for conferences or events (when travel is safe and if you have a Visa). This is a full time position with paid time off.